Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hyper .21 Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 06:58 AM
pirate10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper .21 Problems!!!

HI
Ive got a ofna pirate 10 with a hyper .21 in it and it seems like the pull start(and roto start) slip sometimes.
Im thinking i might need a new one-way bearing(turbofan) or could it just be a different problem? BTW ive gone throw about 3 litres of fuel, broke 2 pull starts but the engine seems to be runing perfectly. And does any one know where to get parts for a pirate 10?
Cheers
John
Old 10-16-2006, 08:27 AM
125cchyperman

Default RE: Hyper .21 Problems!!!

It sounds as if it's the OWB slipping. You could try and take the OWB out and thoroughly spray downthe OWB with the brake cleaner. Lety is dry then dry it again, This will prolong the life of the OWB and will stop the slipping somewhat but will not 100% completely solve the problem. But since you said it only slipps every once in a while it might take away the slipping for a little while till you can get a new OWB ordered and get it in or keep the new OWB until the old one gets really bad.

As for getting the parts I dont know. You could try maybe tower hobbies or sites like that.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:20 AM
pirate10

Default RE: Hyper .21 Problems!!!

Thanks for the advice. Ive decided to just get a new OWB, because its doing it all the time now.
I was just wanting to conferm if it was the OWB that i needed to replace, which it obviously sounds
like it is. And also has anybody else come across this problem in any other engines?
Cheers