Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Will I get board?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Fewski
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I get board?

Well, I use to have a RC10GT that I sold a few months ago, since I bought it, it has never ran... I spent so much time and spent quite a bit of money buying stuff that I was told was wrong, including a new $40 piston and sleeve.

I really have nothing to do for fun anymore, I use to race gokarts for 4 years, but sold out beginning of this year.

I can't really think of anything that I can afford and I would like to do, but RC is one of those things I can afford.

My Question:

I live lakefront, and have an average backyard and about 1/2-3/4 of an acre by the lake filled with a good amount of trees. The closest track is about 45 minutes away. I'm not sure how much fun I'll have after awhile of running by myself. I can't really drive 45 minutes 1 way to race - more so because it's night racing.

Not sure whether to buy another one and try it out for the first time or to find something else?

Any opinions is apprecaited.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 12:45 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Will I get board?

If you want less hassle, get back into it with an electric. You can still do plenty of upgrading, modifying, etc. with an electric vehicle, especially now that brushless systems and high-end battery technologies are becoming affordable. Plus, the initial cost of an electric will likely be lower. What's the surface like under the trees at your place? If it's currently unused space and the terrain isn't too terrible, rent a mini excavator for a day and bring in a few yards of topsoil to build yourself a track. Or just a rake and shovel if you don't want to get too grandiose. Of course, since you live on a lake, there's always the option of an r/c boat, isn't there?
Old 10-19-2006, 01:50 PM
125cchyperman

If you dont want the hassle as Buzzbomber has said you can go with a electric. They have less maintance and a lot less tuning to make them run. but if you want the smell and everything like that you can buy a new nitro rc. But buy new since you have had so much trouble in the past with your last one. I dont think you will get boredas there is always something you can try new. Like try doing some jumps and things like that
Old 10-20-2006, 03:10 AM
mcstarr25

the AE.15 is a crappy motor imo

mine always gave me problems, was hard to start, no matter how much i tuned it

i dropped aOS in it and some new gears

much better