Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

air commpres

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air commpres

is it possibe the et an air commpresor that will be able to fill up truck tires on my dads chevy suburban 1500 and to use it for air brushing?

can i get one that has a adjustment for air flow or psi?

all my dad wants it for is to fill up his tires but i want it for cleaning, painting, and a bunch of outher things
Old 10-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Nitro Fumes

Default RE: air commpres

Well I wouldn't use one of those small air compressors that are just dedicated for air brush use. They only put out about 15 psi and is not enough to fill a tire. For airbrushing I use a regular type Campbell Housefield compressor with a 1.5 Hp motor and 7 gallon tank. That can fill up tires because it pumps the tank up to 100 psi. When I use it for airbrushing which is pretty much all I use it for anyway I set the regulator to about 15 psi. The compressor makes a racket filling the tank up but then I shut it off when I airbrush.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:34 PM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

Those big air compressors should work theoratically but you need to add a pressure adjuster and a thing to seperate water. Of course some proper adaptors.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 10-22-2006, 01:16 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

It called a regulator with a water trap.