Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Problems. Please Help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Maverick3660

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Problems. Please Help.

I recently bought my first car from a friend for forty dollars. Now the steering has locked up and I am getting little power to the servos on both the carberator and steering. I have checked the batteries, and everything looks good. Still no power. Help.

The guy I bought it from didn't take care of it, so it is extremely dirty. We ran it after I gave him the money, and it worked perfectly, however.

If it is shot, I got tools, a tool chest, a Glow igniter and charger out of it, so it's not a total waste. Even so, I'd like to get it running again. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:31 PM
125cchyperman

Default RE: RC Problems. Please Help.

Try pushing in both of the connectors to the reciever, they may have just become loose after a while and both may have a bad connection causing this. Or look for any frayed wires that are leading to the servo's or the reciever or to the battery box itself. It's not all that big of a deal usually and it's probably just something stupid, or maybe your reciever took a poop and you may need a new one. But what ever it is you can fix it and have it back up and running.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Maverick3660

Yeah, Thats what I thought. No frayed wires, and the connections are good. It must be the reciever box. The servos are getting a little bit of power, but barely enough to turn the front tires and not enough to work the throttle. I wanted to be sure, though........
Old 10-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Dudelive

Disconnect the servor's (both) and then try it and see if they are responsive (Not unplug but remove the linkage). This will eliminate binding in linkages. If still slow be sure you got good batteries that are charged. If that don't see if you can unplug the servos one at a time, in case one is causing the problem.

Thanks
Dudelive
Old 10-22-2006, 08:51 AM
darwood1

when you buy someone's rc you buy thier problems too.