Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Am I being jipped, or is it legit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:09 PM
rc_guy707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I being jipped, or is it legit?

I'm in need of some help with a sale I made a couple of weeks ago. I sold a hardly used futaba 2pl with an novak xxl rx for $40 to a member of another forum. I told him don't send me the money untl you receive (spelling?) the item incase something happens. So I sent him an e-mail a last week to see if he got the item, and he did, and that he'd payal me the today (10/27/06). I sent him an pm yesterday to remind him. He then pm's me back saying he's got a sale on ebay, that he doesn't have a paypal account, and his friend would be sending me the money instead. Am I worried for nothing? Thanks for the help all.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:13 PM
ross_jsy

Default RE: Am I being jipped, or is it legit?

just wait a few days and if the money doesnt come down then you should start to get worried. paypal doesnt send right away sometimes. i have just bough 2 new airsoft guns and they have arrived but the money haesnt been taken out of my account yet so your money night just be in trasitions or something.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:18 PM
125cchyperman

You could be getting jipped, Thats why you dont ship anything until you have the cash in hand, or the check in hand that has cleared. Dont make the mistake again, I would wait a little longer maybe a week(give him the benefit of the doubt) and if you have not recieved your money then e-mail him back and see whats up and tell him if you dont have the money in hand you might have to get the law involved. Most people that try and jip people will crack after you say the law is getting involved. Good luck and hope it all works out for ya.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:38 PM
hands without shadows

I dont think hes trying to jip you, if I was him and I was trying to I would have emailed you that the item hadnt arrived.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:42 PM
rc_guy707

Well I told him to send me a pm when he got the radio, which he didn't, and he got the item 2 weeks ago, and that he'd be able to send me the money today
Old 10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Thats why you dont ship anything until you have the cash in hand, or the check in hand that has cleared.
I agree, that is simple and clear, you have other options before you send anything, COD or paypal first. If I am the one buying, I wont be worried paying first via paypal, because if I did not get the item, I can file a claim for "item not received" .

When I send items I sold, I always insured them for twice the value and add delivery confirmation at buyers expense. So if something happens, I can refund the buyer's money with the shipping expense and some extra for me, and if he says that he did not receive them I will have proof of delivery from the courier.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:52 PM
rc_guy707

Well, heres an update. Still no money sent. He clams that he'll be able to pay me sometime this week. If he doesn't, what should I do? This feels like i'm getting burned, and it's the first time.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:02 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: rc_guy707

I'm in need of some help with a sale I made a couple of weeks ago. I sold a hardly used futaba 2pl with an novak xxl rx for $40 to a member of another forum. I told him don't send me the money untl you receive (spelling?) the item incase something happens. So I sent him an e-mail a last week to see if he got the item, and he did, and that he'd payal me the today (10/27/06). I sent him an pm yesterday to remind him. He then pm's me back saying he's got a sale on ebay, that he doesn't have a paypal account, and his friend would be sending me the money instead. Am I worried for nothing? Thanks for the help all.
You are extremely stupid.

"Ohh, let me make it even easier for someone to scam me."

Sorry buddy, but if you get screwed over, it's your own fault, and you put yourself it a very bad situation. It's like throwing paper into fire, and hoping the paper won't burn.

You always get the payment first before sending it off, and then if something goes wrong, you can always paypal him the money back.

Sorry, best of luck to you, but if you get screwed, I hope you learned your lesson, always get payment first.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:10 AM
rc_guy707

Well thanks for the stupid comment bro, thanks alot. I wasn't trying to get myself scammed, I really wasn't. I've heard of to many people getting scammed. I've learned my lesson.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:15 AM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

It is common to receive PayPal payment from a third party. But it is always a good idea to receive payment before shipping. He keeps in touch with you and I think the risk is low.

If he is going to waste his reputation for only 40.00 bucks, then let it be, a cheap good lesson. You know, god knows and he will pay for it sooner or later.

Don't worry, just 40.00. CHEERS

Regards

Joaquim
Old 11-09-2006, 12:18 AM
rc_guy707

But I have heard that he does this before, it takes a while, but he does send the money out. And to mayhem, I didnt mean to snap like that, I really didn't, sorry. And we do keep in touch.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:06 AM
DaveG55

DUDE, you're way too nice. Seriously!
First you trust someone to send you money later for something you ship right away. Then you appologize to somebody who called you stupid...

Got anymore spare radios or rc's you want to sell, I promise I'll send the money sometime....

For the record, it's now ben a month since he got the stuff. It's time to buck up and get tough with the deadbeat. Tell him if you don't have the money in your account by end of buisness tomorow you'll file a complaint with the postal inspector, and both his and your local police departments. Then do it.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:24 AM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

DUDE, you're way too nice. Seriously!
First you trust someone to send you money later for something you ship right away. Then you appologize to somebody who called you stupid...

Got anymore spare radios or rc's you want to sell, I promise I'll send the money sometime....

For the record, it's now ben a month since he got the stuff. It's time to buck up and get tough with the deadbeat. Tell him if you don't have the money in your account by end of buisness tomorow you'll file a complaint with the postal inspector, and both his and your local police departments. Then do it.
I totally agree, something has to be done, get the police involved and he will more then likely crack. I'm sure he's willing to send you the $40 if you get the police involved. He's stealing from you and your doing nothing about it, I hope you have learned your lesson and I hope you get your money or you stuff back. Good luck
Old 11-09-2006, 10:27 AM
rc_guy707

This is my last post here, after this, i'm done with all the "help". I'm on him everyday, I pm him everyday asking where my money is, he keeps telling me that he's waiting for his friend to get done selling stuff for him on ebay, then his friend will paypal me the money. I'm sorry for being stupid and being a niceguy, looks like i'm gonna have to start acting like a jerk selling stuff online then
Old 11-09-2006, 05:09 PM
-EXTRA-

there ya go jk dude comeon this dude just scamming you and you sittin there thinking he gonna send you the money never know he just might but if i was you i would deal with this now not later do somehting dont just sit there and PM each other all day that doesnt do anything so like they said call the police or something get this taken care of but best of luck to you hope you get your stuff or money
Old 11-09-2006, 05:11 PM
-EXTRA-

And btw man weather you think its help or not its the truth these ppl are trying to help you get your crap back but you just wanna sit there and trust the guy whos screwing you over take some advice on here its good
Old 11-09-2006, 09:50 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

No, but here in the real world, there are a lot of jerks, and the nice guy, though he shouldn't, usually ends up being the one that suffers.

Just be sure never to ship out before the person pays.