Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Can someone tell me the difference between RS4 3 and RS4 EVO

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Can someone tell me the difference between RS4 3 and RS4 EVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:04 PM
a8man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone tell me the difference between RS4 3 and RS4 EVO

So my first nitro was an RS4 EVO about a year ago but it was stolen and I really miss it now [].
Ive decided to buy another and found a RS4 3 non EVO.
I wanted to know exactly what were the differences.
I check the manual some and found the only differences to be engine (.15FE vs new T-15), tranny (1-speed vs 2 speed), 2 speed clutchbell for the EVO, wheel color, and body.
Is there anything else?
The one im getting has a trinity .12 outlaw engine so it should preform better than my old stock EVO right?
Lastly, it is possible to completetly upgrade the rs4 3 to an EVO right?
Ok last question, can I buy the stage D kit for the RS4 3 NON EVO? Are the RS4 3 and EVO parts compatible?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-27-2006, 10:32 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can someone tell me the difference between RS4 3 and RS4 EVO

how was it stolen? and what model, non-evo is vague, the rs4 3's today are the rs4 evo rtr, or 18ss which are the newest, the 18ss is a fairly upgraded kit, the evo has a crappy t-15 engine, also the 15fe is majorly underpowered, you will end up upgrading to something more powerful, and a 2 speed makes alot of difference, you can upgrade old rs4's but it is not worth it, and if you are just bashing, screw a trinity 12, get an os 18 cv-rx, cheap, powerful, i love mine, and upgrading an rs4 3 to an evo isnt really upgrading, a non-ss kit )evo basically) doesnt have some upgrades, just buy the rs4 3 18ss and maybe add a pipe and a few other little things and have a good car, as long as the rs4 is an rs4 3, the stage d kit will work, and any rs4 3 parts are compatible, it is only named evo ebcause it had a different engine and it was rtr
Old 10-27-2006, 11:12 PM
a8man

ORIGINAL: hpi apollo

how was it stolen? and what model, non-evo is vague, the rs4 3's today are the rs4 evo rtr, or 18ss which are the newest, the 18ss is a fairly upgraded kit, the evo has a crappy t-15 engine, also the 15fe is majorly underpowered, you will end up upgrading to something more powerful, and a 2 speed makes alot of difference, you can upgrade old rs4's but it is not worth it, and if you are just bashing, screw a trinity 12, get an os 18 cv-rx, cheap, powerful, i love mine, and upgrading an rs4 3 to an evo isnt really upgrading, a non-ss kit )evo basically) doesnt have some upgrades, just buy the rs4 3 18ss and maybe add a pipe and a few other little things and have a good car, as long as the rs4 is an rs4 3, the stage d kit will work, and any rs4 3 parts are compatible, it is only named evo ebcause it had a different engine and it was rtr
My garage was broken into and my two RCs were right next to each other( Savage X and EVO). IDK why the person took the EVO instead of the Savage. Anyways,
Trust me if I could buy a 18ss, I would in an instant.
But all my RC funds have been lost in the Savage and I can afford to pay about ~$300 for the 18ss and then buy radio equipment.
The car itself has about 2.5 gallons on it and less than a gallon on the engine. The car was bought about 2 years ago and wasnt used for about 9 months. I would probably sell the engine and bumpbox, and I definately get a cv-rx. The tranny is pretty cheap so Ill get that.
If its alright with you, Ill get some pics and you tell me what you think of it.

Actually, I was pretty happy with the power and speed of my old EVO(T-15). I mean it was enough for my driving skill but I can always use more power. You say its not upgrading a old Rs4 3 to an EVO but isnt worth it so how bout to a 18ss? You got any idea of what I need exept engine and tranny?
Old 11-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Flaming Tire

The 18SS has heavy duty drive cups and the bigger engine, thats about it.