Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Spektrum DX2 & DX3

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Backyard Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX2 & DX3

Hey Guys,

Im going to be getting a Spektrum DX3. The question I have is if the DX2 and DX3 the same thing besides the technology. For example if I were to get a custom DX2 skin from www.rcidcustom.com would it fit on the DX3.

Thanks
~Kyle~
Old 10-29-2006, 05:34 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Spektrum DX2 & DX3

Yes, it would work fine. THose are cool, I have never seen those before.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:35 PM
ssj2

Those look pretty cool, except for the price tag. I never knew they had those for radios, kind of a no brainer coming up with it, but I agree that it looks sweet/unique.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:00 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Spektrum is a great radio just cannot get parts for them unless you send the radio back to them. I need a new plastic lens that goes over the display screen that takes about a minute to take of and put on but I will have to send it go them if I want one. The shipping there and back will be at least 5 times what the part cost much less what labor they will charge if any. Hope no one ever needs a battery cover, antenna or a steering wheel.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:42 PM
ssj2

O gosh, I didn't know that. That ain't cool at all, idk why they just wouldn't send you the individual part, it would save multiple people time/money.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:21 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Iff you can, I recommend you save up and purchase a higher end radio (Futaba 3PK, an M11, Nomandio Sensor, etc.). I know these radios are high dollar, but if you get one, you will not be disappointed. These radios have a long list of ezcelent features and many more race-grade features to boot. Though I don't race, I find many of the race grade functions indispensible. Not only that, these radios can store as many as 30 RC cars, trucks, and/or boats in their memories! I love the concept of one radio for all cars and trucks.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Backyard Racer

SAVAGEJIM,

Yeah you get what you pay for. Im only 14 and the M11 is more than my truck. Im only going to be doing club races and maybe a few big ones after a while. Those radios really sound great though. I would have to open up my bank account to get one of those . Thanks for the help though. Thats cool how they have memory for 30 cars.

~Kyle~
Old 10-30-2006, 07:25 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

UP DATE Spektrum Horizon hobby is sending me the part I need at no charge. I love my Spektrum and true dose not have as many features as others but works GREAT form me and I do race.