Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

tamiya TERRA CRUSHER vs. TNX

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:21 PM
markosalami

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tamiya TERRA CRUSHER vs. TNX

Hey every1,

I was wondering what the difference between the terra crusher and the tnx is. I recently bought used a terra crusher in quite-very good condition for 190 euros. (260 dollars). Os that a good price? The only change that was made is that the muffer is placed at the rear and is black. Does that affect the car's running? Also, when it arrives (hasnt arrived yet), i want to know whether it is safe to run it on random jumps. Does anyone know if it breaks easily?

Old 10-30-2006, 05:25 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: tamiya TERRA CRUSHER vs. TNX

I am sorry as I had a Terra Crapper I mean Terra Crusher and was a piece of junk. All most made me get out of the hobby. Most not of been to good as they only sold it for a couple of years. I hear the TNX is much better but after my experience with the Terra Crapper I will never trust any Tamiya product again. Some parts are hard to fine and some of the TNX parts will fit.
Good Luck.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:30 PM
46u

I sold mine on ebay about 2 or 3 years ago with the original box instructions tools and so on for $190 US.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:35 AM
markosalami

Wow.46u, i see you really are against the terra crusher. What exactly made you so against it? (just out of curiosity coz i wanna know whether that may help me not have problems... etc.) . Also, does anyone know about the tamiya nitro crusher, does it have two gears when in forward motion? And for hwat terrain is it made for?
Old 10-31-2006, 04:38 PM
ry5no2

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...rchresults.cfm

Is that what you meant cause that is the only NITRO CRUSHER, reviewed on this site
hope it helped

Ryan
Old 10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
46u

The one-way bearing in the starter would slip more times then not. The transmission was real finicky the engine has an ABN piston and sleeve instead of the better ABC. No offense but why do you think it was on the market for such a very short time if it was all that good? All so you notice the amount of replies. I do not take stock in any reviews unless it is from the end user because any one that sells advertisement is not going to tell their client there product is junk. All so good luck finding parts that do not fit the TNX, you might find some on ebay from time to time.
I do hope you have better luck then many others and I have had with theirs!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:12 PM
46u

Here is a link to user reviews and some phrases I have cut and pasted.
when it runs

Good truck with a new engine and all bugs taken out.

first looked at this truck and i was saying "WOW!". but after i bought it and drove it for a while, i noticed how much of a piece of trash it is. the engine is horrible (NO POWER), the tranny is more than awful,

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...cfm?car_id=217
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 AM
markosalami

Thanks for the answers 46u. I was just wondering, how can i, in this site set up a new thread? i am mixed up lool. Also do you know if oher more powerful engines can be fitted onto the terra crusher such as the HPI big block 4.6 or something?

Thanks
Old 11-01-2006, 03:30 PM
46u

Go to what ever thread you want and click on new post near the top left. I am sure you can modify and put a big block in but what came in it is a small block. Now weather the drive train would hold up could be a whole neither story. No offence but I think you would be a WHOLE lot better off with something else as parts for it are going to be HARD to fine and it is not the best truck even with a different engine there are problems. Once again why do you thing it was not in production very long?????
Good Luck
Old 11-07-2006, 12:33 PM
markosalami

Hello, again. My terra crusher has just arrived. I ran it very slowly a bit out in my large garden. (it is used). When i decided that it runs ok going forward i decided to go very slowly back(basically i braked when going with speed and then it stopped and started going back). I lost control when it was going back (it was not responding to the controller(it was going full speed back). And then it bumped into a tree where it stopped running backwards and started going forwards. Once contol was finally gained from me, i couldn't go forwards!!! I was pressing front and it didn't move. Then i pressed back and it start working engine a lot without moving!!! Then when i released the throttle from going back it sprung a couple of centimetres forward!!! I tried restarting it but the same thing happened. Could anyone pliz help me??? I dont know the terra crusher and i dont want to break it by doing anything wrong before i just got it. PLIZ HELP MEEEEE !!

Markos