Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Himoto Racing 1/10 Official Support

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Ramer 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Himoto Racing Official Support

Hey I have a 1/10 th SCYCLONEpro twospeed 4wd. I bought from export1. Im not to happy with him. The info that came with the car was slim to none, and was missing parts. Things like E-clips, the pins that hold body on. How do you adjust the brake, I might be looking at it wrong, but when I apply the brake the car dies? Export1 never replied to any of my emails or questions. Any help would be great. You can contact me here or my Email address [email protected] Thanks.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:57 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello there. Yes there is that plastic then on the end of the brake rod you can srew that in and that will adj your brake. And then on the idle there is A little black screw on the side of the carb it's kinda under the airfilter that is the idle stop screw turn that in A little bit at A time tell you can apply the brake and the car motor does not stop. That screw is there to stop the idle from going any lower that you have adj it so make small adj and let me know how it goes?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Ramer 1

Ok Thanks, now were do I get the parts? Right now I need the screw and liner for the bottom of the front steering knuckel. It would be a lower ball joint, But I think it is referd to as stering arm to mount. Also the ad that I bought this car from said there was a warranty??
Old 11-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Ramer 1

Hey the little screw is bent, It makes a heck of a wide circle when i turn it.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:02 PM
giddyuperic

are you sure that we are talking about the same scew? it's a philps head black little screw and if you are looking at the front of the car it's right under the left side of the airfilter. Did you crash the car? And you can get part's from try Exportpro. biz if that does not do it then go to himotoracing.com and try there you can get most all of the parts you will need. let me know what happens? okay and thank you
Old 11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Ramer 1

No I didnt wreck the car, I have hardly drove it, Lost parts to front end. Yes we are talking about the same screw, it is perty small with spring between it and carb. or on the screw.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:26 PM
giddyuperic

Yes that is the screw and I did not say that meaning that you wreck it just asking you. You never no. But you can get all of the parts from the site's that I gave you. Do you have ace hardwear store in you town thay seem to have the best screw's or any home depot should have that screw or you might have it so far out that's why it feels like it's turning like it's bent. Did you try to turn it down? will it even go down?
Old 11-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Ramer 1

Yes the screw turns, but it was bent before I ever touched the car. Is Himoto's custumer support any good? They havent returned me emails! To say the least I'm not very impressed with them so far. I'm being patient with them so far, but about to change. So what can you tell me, Is there any warranty at all? My controller has a littel jack on the back side, is it for recharging batteries? What fuel blend should I be using? My controller is not the same as shown, Some of the upgrade parts listed dont show up on their site? I hope you can help me more as I need it, THANKS Brandon
Old 11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
giddyuperic

Okay lets start with the screw I would go to your local hobby store and get one.And yes that is A recharging jack if you have recharge batterys in it. And I know that the picture for the radio is not the same as the one that you got. They are the same radio just diffrent case. I my self use wildcat racing fuel from tower hobbies10% that's what I was told to use from company who makes the engines every body use's diffrent kinds of fuel. But I have not have had any problems after five gallons. And if you try exportpro.biz see if they will help and then let me know what happens okay. thank you.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 AM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: 46u

I understand they are two different companies but are they made by the same manufacture? I know XTM, Sportsworks, LRP and many others engines have different names on them but are all made by SH. That is what I am trying to find out if the same manufacture makes both Redcat and Himoto. No I do no have either Redcat or Himoto.

You my boy Blue!!!

I'll answer your questions....

Yes RedcatRacing and Himoto are two different companies.
The manufacturer in China, who makes both is Hi-Speed aka HSP here: http://www.hispeedmodel.com/
In the past I bought spare parts from China and they are branded as HSP.
Both my Redcat & Himoto customers received HSP packaged parts without a problem. Everything is interchangeable because it's made by the same company HSP.

Just so you know, if you buy enough product from HSP, they will put your own packaging on it. Like 46u Racing or giddyuperic Racing nitro RTR's etc.

Here's an example... see anything familiar on this website???? http://www.exceedrc.com/rcnigasrtrca.html
Look at the part numbers of the spare parts. I have to say, these look cooler[8D] than both Himoto and Redcat.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Mark[sm=48_48.gif]
Old 11-08-2006, 12:29 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Mark is 100% correct. HiSpeed model is an OEM for a couple other manufacturers as welll
Old 11-08-2006, 12:48 AM
46u

Most but not all Wildcat fuels have to much oil content. I all so recommend running 20% nitro content with no more then 12% oil content and here is why not to run high oil content fuel.

Using high oil content fuels in nitro car engines won't provide improved engine life, as some would expect. Through extensive testing we've discovered the point of diminishing return as far as oil content to engine life is actually around 8% for most car engines. In other words any more oil than 8% in the fuel does noting to improve the life of a car engine. In fact the secondary effects of high oil content fuels can actually cause engine damage by encouraging over lean runs. Here's how.

Using high oil content fuel causes a car engine to be unresponsive during acceleration acting as if the engine were running rich. Typically when using high oil content fuel, in order to get crisp acceleration and response, an engine will need to be adjusted overly lean. In addition the high oil content prevents lean bog when an engine is over-leaned thus allowing the engine to run at this lean setting without the customary telltale lean bog warning letting you know the engine is overheating.

In summary, high oil content fuels don't give added protection. The point of diminishing return from a protection standpoint in a gas car application is about 8% oil depending on the oil type and engine. Anymore oil than this doesn't offer added protection and has potential secondary effects that reduce performance and can actually cause you to over lean your engine in an attempt to get crisp throttle response and acceleration.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:07 AM
giddyuperic

Okay now I would not BS anyone and if you cheack the SH engine web site they say to use the same fuel 10% Now if you would have look at what I wrote I said they were made by the same company , but they all had little things that or different to each name that is but on the car or part. So if you are here to bad mouth me than here's my #(951)682-7267 do it to my face!!!! we are all here to help each other not say things about other people, We should be telling each other what"s the best way to slove A problem not create problems. I think that we all have the same goal and that is to enjoy this hobby and have fun and maybe help some people along the way . And may be get some more people it to the hobby. I have never said one bad or wrong thing about someone or about some company. So let's just share info and have fun helping each other. Sorry for the miss spell's. So in close lets just have fun. Eric and you ask ten people what kind of fuel to use you will get nine different answers
Old 11-08-2006, 01:14 AM
46u

I am not badmouthing any one! This is a discussion forum where people voice their opinions. I know from experience what high oil content fuels do and were passing on my experience to others. I all so listed part of and article that confirms my experiences.
I believe if you ask 10 experienced RC people about high oil content fuels and you will have 9 recommend not running it.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:20 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

giddyuperic...I don't wanna come off as an a-hole, and i'm not trying to be disrespectful, but i've run 30% in every single SH engine I've owned (which is a LOT) without so much as adding another shim and they last 10+ gallons. i DON'T care what the manufacturer recommends...but I've owned at least one engine from each manufacturer, and i'll tell you what they can and can't handle.

they only suggest 10% nitro so they can cover their butt when some n00b sees 50% boat fuel and says WOW OMG I CAN GO FAST!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:21 AM
giddyuperic

Oil is A engine friend[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 11-08-2006, 01:23 AM
giddyuperic

May be you have your beer and i will have mine. But I am sticking with the 10%
Old 11-08-2006, 01:25 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Yeah but just like any friend, if it sees too much of it it'll get tired of it.

oily fuels destroy one-way bearings.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:26 AM
giddyuperic

What do you think is the oil content of wildcat 10%?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

at least 15%. last i checked, wildcat 10% is AIRPLANE FUEL...I don't think wildcat has a car fuel that goes that low in nitro percentage.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 AM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

Okay now I would not BS anyone and if you cheack the SH engine web site they say to use the same fuel 10% Now if you would have look at what I wrote I said they were made by the same company , but they all had little things that or different to each name that is but on the car or part. So if you are here to bad mouth me than here's my #(951)682-7267 do it to my face!!!! we are all here to help each other not say things about other people, We should be telling each other what"s the best way to slove A problem not create problems. I think that we all have the same goal and that is to enjoy this hobby and have fun and maybe help some people along the way . And may be get some more people it to the hobby. I have never said one bad or wrong thing about someone or about some company. So let's just share info and have fun helping each other. Sorry for the miss spell's. So in close lets just have fun. Eric and you ask ten people what kind of fuel to use you will get nine different answers

I retract the BS comment. I don't have anything against you giddy.
Other than that, this is all just information. Nobody is badmouthing you or the products.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:31 AM
46u

I agree to a point but too much does more harm then good. Do some searches on this forum site and see what the experienced RC people say that have been around a while not the noobs. Nothing wrong with noobs just do not have the experience some do. I do not care what others run that is up to them but I know from experience what high oil content fuels do and you will not see it in my engines. I all so have several engines with 6,7,8 gallons of fuel run through them with oil content of no more then 12% and they are still running fine.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:32 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: TopSpeedSexToys

Other than that, this is all just information. Nobody is badmouthing you or the products.
Absolutely. He's a lot of help to a lot of people, and he's a cool guy, and I can't say a bad thing about Himoto's cars
Old 11-08-2006, 01:35 AM
giddyuperic

no it is not A air plane fuel only they might have air plane fuel. But what I run is 10% high performance blend for cars I think that Iam on my 7 or 8 gallon threw my Himoto buggys and my on road car and not one problem engine wish. But you know all the other little crap you go threw with any car's or buggy's. It's cool I will agree to disagree okay?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:37 AM
46u

Here you go.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXA297&P=7 16% oil content
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXA298&P=7 18% oil content

All so as TBJ said it is listed under airplane fuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.