Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Himoto Racing 1/10 Official Support

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:44 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Himoto Racing Official Support

OKAY how old are you.Does this really matter and if you go to the links you listed tell me where it says air plane fuel and like I said does it really matter?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:45 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried high oil content fuels but have you tried lower oil content fuels?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:50 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I'm 25, 46u is the opposite of that number. I've been playing with expensive toy cars since the Traxxas Stampede came out and been racing since the Associated RC10B2 came out.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:53 AM
46u

Look at this page and click under 10% car fuels where is the 10% Wild cat? Now go to airplane 10% fuel and there is the Wildcat. Now I will agree it will not be the first time on Towers web site I have seen something listed in the wrong place. Now as far as age good chance I am older then you father and may be even your grandfather as I am a grandfather how old are you as I am 52 been a mechanic and machinist for over 35 years.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/listings/cat-p2.html
Old 11-08-2006, 01:56 AM
46u

Understanding Nitro Fuel

Droplets of water inside a fuel jug will contaminate the fuel. But there are ways to combat moisture.
Model engine "glow" fuel is made up of three key elements: methanol, oil and nitro methane. Many fuel manufacturers include other additives that are designed to solve any number of common problems that may occur with our fuel. But for now, let's only address the most common elements of the fuel and how you can care for your fuel to keep it fresh and stop it from going "bad." These steps will ultimately make your model engine operations easier.Why would fuel go "bad"? The largest portion of the fuel is methanol (alcohol). Methanol is hygroscopic; it attracts moisture. This can cause your fuel to be contaminated with water, which will cause poor engine performance. Additionally, the UV rays in sunlight will eventually break down the nitro methane if the fuel jug is stored in sunlight for long periods of time.How can you tell when your fuel has gone "bad"? The first indications will generally be the inability to start the engines at previously run needle-valve settings. Another clue might be that the engine has very poor idle, runs but bogs down tremendously during run up and/or will not attain the same RPMs you are used to.How do I keep my fuel fresh? If you have the opportunity, look for someone at a flying field on a sunny day who has a jug of fuel that is only ¼ full. What you may notice is that there are droplets attached to the top and sides of the fuel. This is the moisture in the air that is condensing inside the jug because of the greenhouse effect of the semi-translucent plastic jug. One way to overcome the greenhouse effect is to store your fuel in a metal can. You can also combat the effects of the moisture in the air by squeezing all the extra air from your fuel container at the end of the day or transferring your fuel into smaller containers as the level of the fuel is reduced in your gallon jug. Many pilots will invest in half-gallon or quart-size containers and only bring that amount of fuel to the field on any given day. This allows their main supply of fuel to stay at home in a controlled storage environment, virtually insuring problem-free fuel.
Additional Fuel InformationIf you read the R/C car magazines, engine instruction manuals or talk to local racers, you'll likely find conflicting information about car fuels. The main controversy seems to focus on how much and what type of oil is needed for a car fuel. Here the straight scoop based on over 15 years of experience that includes working closely with engine manufactures, industry experts, top-level racers and the results of testing literally hundreds of formulas in all types of car engines and conditions. Why Not Airplane FuelCar engines operate in a totally different environment than do airplane engines. Airplane engines spend a great deal of their running life at full rpm, they have a constant airflow from the prop to aid in cooling and instant throttle response and acceleration is not as critical as with a car engine. Car engines spend most of their life accelerating from one corner to the next and are seldom at full RPM for more than a few seconds. They rely on an oversize heat sink head to dissipate combustion heat and racers actually tune car engines based on throttle response. Fuel designed for airplanes typically have from 15 to 20% oil. While the manufactures that truly understand the requirements of car engines typically put 8 to 12% oil in their car fuel.Why 8% to 12% OilUsing high oil content fuels in gas car engines won't provide improved engine life, as some would expect. Through extensive testing we've discovered the point of diminishing return as far as oil content to engine life is actually around 8% for most car engines. In other words any more oil than 8% in the fuel does noting to improve the life of a car engine. In fact the secondary effects of high oil content fuels can actually cause engine damage by encouraging over lean runs. Here's how.Using high oil content fuel causes a car engine to be unresponsive during acceleration acting as if the engine were running rich. Typically when using high oil content fuel, in order to get crisp acceleration and response, an engine will need to be adjusted overly lean. In addition the high oil content prevents lean bog when an engine is over-leaned thus allowing the engine to run at this lean setting without the customary telltale lean bog warning letting you know the engine is overheating. In summary, high oil content fuels don't give added protection. The point of diminishing return from a protection standpoint in a gas car application is about 8% oil depending on the oil type and engine. Anymore oil than this doesn't offer added protection and has potential secondary effects that reduce performance and can actually cause you to over lean your engine in an attempt to get crisp throttle response and acceleration. Do yourself a favor and follow these two rules:Rule #1- Always use a high quality fresh fuel designed specifically for gas car use that has between 8% and 12% oil preferably with at least some castor in it. Rule #2 - Don't use airplane fuels or any other type of fuels that have over 15% oil in your gas car engine.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:04 AM
giddyuperic

Okay man you win[sm=thumbup.gif] you get A gold star for the day and I have had it Iam going to bed[sm=redface.gif]
Old 11-08-2006, 02:06 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

Okay man you win[sm=thumbup.gif] you get A gold star for the day and I have had it Iam going to bed[sm=redface.gif]
And how old are you?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:29 AM
giddyuperic

I am 40 years old and I am an A.S.E master tech with my smog cert , But I was in A very bad auto accident almost two years in dec and can't walk any more so I do the best I can.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:32 AM
giddyuperic

Just check my profile I think most of my info is there okay I really have to go and lay down for the night. So I will talk at you some other time.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
giddyuperic

Well it's another day and all I can say is you use what you want and i will use what I want. And we did not to claim to be different from redcat, as we are different in the fact that we provide better support after the sale and parts, we stock them all and at A better price plus we have all the upgrades in stock too.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:44 PM
OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT

The manufacturer is the same but quality are completely different!!
Himoto racing use their own Japan Infinity Engine, own design bodies and full ball bearings which Redcat doesn't have.
Himoto manufacture new tail wings for the World title; and many other accessories
Himoto has its own design team and QC people to ensure the quality is perfect.
Its based in hong kong but not China.
so Redcat and Himoto are different

ORIGINAL: TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: 46u

I understand they are two different companies but are they made by the same manufacture? I know XTM, Sportsworks, LRP and many others engines have different names on them but are all made by SH. That is what I am trying to find out if the same manufacture makes both Redcat and Himoto. No I do no have either Redcat or Himoto.

You my boy Blue!!!

I'll answer your questions....

Yes RedcatRacing and Himoto are two different companies.
The manufacturer in China, who makes both is Hi-Speed aka HSP here: http://www.hispeedmodel.com/
In the past I bought spare parts from China and they are branded as HSP.
Both my Redcat & Himoto customers received HSP packaged parts without a problem. Everything is interchangeable because it's made by the same company HSP.

Just so you know, if you buy enough product from HSP, they will put your own packaging on it. Like 46u Racing or giddyuperic Racing nitro RTR's etc.

Here's an example... see anything familiar on this website???? http://www.exceedrc.com/rcnigasrtrca.html
Look at the part numbers of the spare parts. I have to say, these look cooler[8D] than both Himoto and Redcat.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Mark[sm=48_48.gif]
Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 AM
giddyuperic

They are still different in little ways but [>:] Himoto has better after sale support and A full line of parts in stock and better price's
Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 AM
46u

Why don’t you send me one and I will get Mark to send me a Redcat and I will compare them as well as do a review? One then I must warn you I will be totally honest and tell it like it is. I do know both Redcat and Himoto make a 1/8 scale buggy and they both have the SH engine in them.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:07 AM
46u

From what I have seen the kit prices are very close to the same.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:08 AM
giddyuperic

So you guys don't own one of the himotos or the redcats if not then what is the big deal????
Old 11-09-2006, 12:15 AM
giddyuperic

Hey 46u what do the kyosho mini z f1 go for and are fun for inside use? And how fast are they?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:45 AM
46u

Kyosho Mini-Z cost anywhere from $125 to $160 new before hopping up depends on model. They run about 20 MPH out of the box but once again depends on which model. Now to scale that would be what 400 mph or so? Unfortunately I do no have enough room to set my whole track up in my house.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83733.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	556958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31500.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	556959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90312.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	556960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf95532.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	556961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny27287.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	556962  
Old 11-09-2006, 01:07 AM
giddyuperic

Where is the best place to buy them?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:54 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: OFFICAL HIMOTO SUPPORT

Himoto racing use their own Japan Infinity Engine, own design bodies and full ball bearings which Redcat doesn't have.
Himoto manufacture new tail wings for the World title; and many other accessories
I've seen himoto cars in person. Himoto's cars are no higher quality than Redcat's, that's a bunch of BS that ain't gonna fly, because I know. the single speed himoto buggy I saw had full bushings just like Redcat's single speed Tornado...all other Redcats have full ball bearings.

Himoto uses a garbage Infinity engine, just like Exceed RC, and Redcat uses them too in their Pro models of the 1/10 cars. the engines don't last, and they make terrible power, and lack a low-speed needle. the VX series engines make BETTER power and are more reliable, and last longer.

Himoto doesn't manufacture anything, it's no secret that HiSpeed manufactures everything for you.

Himoto has its own design team and QC people...but their stuff is the same cheap stuff that www.exceedrc.com and Redcat sell, along with Hi Speed's house-labeled cars.

Himoto is based in Hong Kong, but the cars are manufactured in China.

Don't lie to us, please, it makes your company look bad.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:24 AM
OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT

Japan Infinity( TOKI) Engine is much better and more durable than Vertex used by Redcat.
I don't see any things we need to argue; Exceed RC is using vertex also but not infinity; they just change the heat sink to black color.

Hispeed is partner of Himoto but not manufacturer for Himoto; and We manufacture for Redcat in China. They use to sell ATV before and switch to buying RC nitro fuel items after the ATV is not selling good;We know their quality for the price they request and the price they sell. But They are okay and I think the customer will choose their favorite brand by themselves

We have been doing a lot of R& D recently to improve our old and new items.
Many many new items are coming!!

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: OFFICAL HIMOTO SUPPORT

I've seen himoto cars in person. Himoto's cars are no higher quality than Redcat's, that's a bunch of BS that ain't gonna fly, because I know. the single speed himoto buggy I saw had full bushings just like Redcat's single speed Tornado...all other Redcats have full ball bearings.

Himoto uses a garbage Infinity engine, just like Exceed RC, and Redcat uses them too in their Pro models of the 1/10 cars. the engines don't last, and they make terrible power, and lack a low-speed needle. the VX series engines make BETTER power and are more reliable, and last longer.

Himoto doesn't manufacture anything, it's no secret that HiSpeed manufactures everything for you.

Himoto has its own design team and QC people...but their stuff is the same cheap stuff that www.exceedrc.com and Redcat sell, along with Hi Speed's house-labeled cars.

Himoto is based in Hong Kong, but the cars are manufactured in China.

Don't lie to us, please, it makes your company look bad.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:27 AM
projdm

I own a Himoto RC Car with Japan Infinity Engine, I think is very durable. I have it for while already. The car still run great, no need to fix anything yet.
I bought it from www.RCwholesales.com with very good price and good after sales support.
I prefer the brand of Himoto!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:34 AM
giddyuperic

We are getting very big and we will stand behind are products, With new things always coming out and support for the things that you have bought from us and we will have all the parts and up grades in stock and try to help you in anyway we can. Please go to this site and when you get there do not worry about the translater thing just click on Himoto and see how big we are getting. And all of the other companys that work with us. Okay the site is http://www.team-cobra-racing.com and for parts you can go to exportpro.biz or himotoracing.com Thank you very much for your support. Eric
Old 11-15-2006, 11:16 PM
giddyuperic

Thank you for your support and if you need parts you can go to exportpro.biz or himotoracing.com If you really want to see how much we are to the rc and the other people we support and they support us go to http://www.team-cobro-racing.com and check it out make sure you click on the himoto logo. Don't worry about the translater thing. enjoy. And thank you if you need parts go to the sites I listed. thanks Eric
Old 11-16-2006, 10:45 AM
46u

Sorry but there price are not that good as on the Redcat Pro Hurricane XP they are about $60 higher then Marks prices.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:06 PM
giddyuperic

But do they offer the support that himoto does ? Are they in to the race seen has much has himoto? please go to http://www.team-cobra-racing.com and click on the himoto logo and have you heard of massive mods himoto check the site to see all the things that we are doing. Okay. thanks Eric

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.