Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help with tuneing your gas car

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:53 PM
yzracer650

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with tuneing your gas car

ive had a gas powered car and its made me so mad b/c i can keep it tuned or when i brake it will die out and its made me get into electric but i miss and i wanted to know if theirs any tips out their to help me.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:57 PM
rc_flyer428

Default RE: help with tuneing your gas car

you're linkage needs adjusting if it dies when you put on the brakes, and you just have to have patience, a NITRO motor will always need tuning every time you run it.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:56 PM
125cchyperman

If you hit the brakes and the engine dies then you need to adjust your idle screw. When you hitthe brakes it is closing the carb, which will cause it to die when you hit the break's. Turn on the electrics on the truck and on the transmitter, then take the air filter off and hit the brakes. The carb should be 1-2mm for a rotary carb and .5mm for a slide carb. when you hit the brakes if the opening become less then those then you will have to adjust the idle till it doesnt close more then those sizes.

As for the tuning it depends what engine you have. For some engine's yes you may have to tune every time you go out and sometimes two or three times when your driving it if your engine is sensitive to ambient temp, humidity and other changed. But I have a engine that I rarely if ever have to touch the needles, on when there are major ambient temp and major humidity changes is when I hafe to touch them. But when it comes down to it. it depends on the engine and where you live. If where you live the ambient and humidity loves to change a lot and make major changes then tuning will have to be done with any engine. But as I said before you might just have a engine that is sensitive to those changes.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:18 PM
rcracing4life

Information on how to tuning the engine & more...
http://www.rcwholesales.com/Troubles...uide-sp-8.html
Old 11-16-2006, 11:10 PM
evaderman123

COULD HAVE BROKE CLUTCH SPRING. I DON'T KNOW BUT IF IT RUNS GOOD AND DIES WHEN YOU STOP COULD BE THAT??? I'M CERTAINLY NO XPERT BUT I HAD ONE DO THE SAME THING.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Nitro Fumes

ORIGINAL: rc_flyer428

you're linkage needs adjusting if it dies when you put on the brakes, and you just have to have patience, a NITRO motor will always need tuning every time you run it.
A nitro motor barely needs any adjustment at all everytime you run it. Only if there is a temperature/humidity change you may have to turn in or out the high speed needle valve 1/16 of a turn. I got started with nitro in '83 so I have experience. One thing I learned when you are suddenly having trouble and it was previously running fine is DON'T MESS WITH THE CARB!. It did suddenly go lean or rich because of the carb, it was more like a leaky pressure line, fuel line, glow plug gone bad, etc. Frankly I always found nitro cars easier to keep running right better than electric. Of course today the batteries are better and they have those brushless motors, but I'll stick with nitro.