Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Stock Speeds:

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Limit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stock Speeds:

Budget isn't a huge concern. Below $400 would be ideal though. I make a decent living. I'm looking more at a fast buggy or on road car. We'd drive together, but I'd kinda like something different than what he has also(XXX-NT Sport RTR II).

I've got a lot of soccer fields and baseball diamonds by my house, but I also have the parking lots to those, a road that isn't used very much, a couple tennis courses, and a highschool parking lot(largest parking lot in Wisconsin) that the onroad would be fun with(aside from speed bumps) which would be vacant all of summer/weekends.

Although a buggy would also be fun to go on speed bumps with etc...

Thanks again. Anyone have any perticular favorite 1/8 buggies?

Limit
Old 01-15-2007, 11:44 PM
running_gag

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMAC4&P=ML

I've heard its a decent buggy.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:19 AM
pre98zetec
Banned

thats a GREAT buggy. Infact I plan on purchasing that buggy in the new few weeks!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:48 AM
lozzynitro8

dis iz lozzy talkin wassup im finkin u shud get a kyosho if u got da bucks or if not an eb4 iz a dam gud buggy wiv stacks ov hop-ups available
Old 01-16-2007, 06:04 AM
BCSavage

Here's my thought. Get what you think will make you happy for the next 3 months because eventually you'll want something else as well and you'll start building a collection of vehicles. Also, as for "the fastest car I can get" I say GO FOR IT! The thing will only go as fast as you make it go so as long as you respect the fact that you CAN break peoples legs with these things, you'll do fine.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
smaxx3.3

get a schumacher menace, it is a 1/10 st it has a .21 big block motor, 4 wheel drive, it will do 70 mph stock, you can drive it on and off road. i would get this if i was looking for a staduim truck, but im more into monsters. only problem with schumacher is that it will be a little hard to find parts for it, but your hobby shop should be able to order any thing for you.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Limit

does anybody have a schumacher menace? Can anybody confirm the speed? Any problems or anything with it? I like the style, and you get good speed plus durability and off-road capabilities. Otherwise I'll get the Traxxas 4tec.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:31 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Just a suggestion, check out the xtm x-cellerator. I used to have one, it handeled great, the engine is easy to tune, and the 50mph it claims is definetely true, not to mention surprisingly good on-road handeling. On tower hobbies or hobby people, I think its now only $200, I paid $230 for mine a while ago. One big downside though, all parts come from California, I always ordered replacement parts from hobby people, most hobby shops dont cary parts for them, even though alot of other 1/10 scale stadium truck parts will fit it.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/145610.asp
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJSU2&P=ML
Old 01-16-2007, 11:55 PM
KRO

I would get a JATO 3.3 and a set of decent off road tires and be done with it . Its as fast as you'd ever want to go with a R/C and can run on road as well as it can off road .

I have an on road car and it was fun for a little while , but it gets boring running up and down the street after a while .

BTW my RS4 like MOST on road cars wont go through grass at all if it over 1 inch .
Old 01-17-2007, 12:54 AM
bte214

Ok guys you can stop suggesting offroad cars. You all know as well as I know that they are not the most exciting, bu I have one for when I get the itch. After all your seggestions he still wants an onroad car so don't try to tell him to get an st, mt, or buggy. So if anyone has experiance with onraod cars please post. I don't own a nitro tc so I can't reccomend one over the other. Some to consider are nitro tc3, streetforce, nitro rs4, ofna cd3, cen (i don't remember the 70 something mph car), tamiyas, nitro 4-tec, and other cars im sure if forgot. I can not make claims to any of these but maybe someone with experience can chime in.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:04 AM
BCSavage

after just finishing a complete tear-down and rebuild of an rs4 3 18ss I can honestly say this is one of the easiest vehicles I've worked on and that's including an HPI Pro2 electric. so that's where my vote goes.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:44 AM
lozzynitro8

dis iz 2 bcsavage wat u fukin sayin asshead fruity ebonics ***? look heres da deal i say wat i wanna fukin say an u ****face wil listen or go **** ya moms hed in and as 4 spellin u stuck up wank stain do i sound like i fukin giva **** if ma spellin iz gud or not this is ****ing r/c chat, not english lesson at ****ing school ohhhhhh im sorry no capital letter at the beginning of the sentance and no full stop at the end wat u gonna do bout dat u fukin gramma freak

ps ma ova powered eb4.28 modified wiv nos an supercharger + highperformance air intake wil screw ya savage ova and u if u dont get ya fat arsey hed out the way hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 01-18-2007, 04:52 AM
lozzynitro8

yup i agree wiv smaxx3.3 da menace kicks butt its light and agile gotta big block and gears 2 push it further and further in 2 da powerband gud on/off road BUT ITS 2 NIPPY 4 BEGINNERS
Old 01-18-2007, 11:11 AM
BCSavage

ORIGINAL: lozzynitro8

dis iz 2 bcsavage wat u fukin sayin asshead fruity ebonics ***? look heres da deal i say wat i wanna fukin say an u ****face wil listen or go **** ya moms hed in and as 4 spellin u stuck up wank stain do i sound like i fukin giva **** if ma spellin iz gud or not this is ****ing r/c chat, not english lesson at ****ing school ohhhhhh im sorry no capital letter at the beginning of the sentance and no full stop at the end wat u gonna do bout dat u fukin gramma freak

ps ma ova powered eb4.28 modified wiv nos an supercharger + highperformance air intake wil screw ya savage ova and u if u dont get ya fat arsey hed out the way hahahahahahahahahahahaha

no need to get mad at me, it's not my fault your d!ck is so small you p!ss on your own balls. Lemme know when puberty hits K'? What are you, like 12? Anything older than that and you've probably got an IQ less than your shoe size. If you are going to try and help people around here, maybe it'd be alot easier to understand your stupidity if you used proper english/grammar. Instead, I have to bust out my Captain Crunch Decoder-ring to figure out the jibberish you've written. I could mash my face into my keyboard randomly and make more sense than you.

oh, and..
Old 01-18-2007, 11:41 AM
running_gag

ORIGINAL: BCSavage

ORIGINAL: lozzynitro8

no need to get mad at me, it's not my fault your d!ck is so small you p!ss on your own balls. Lemme know when puberty hits K'? What are you, like 12? Anything older than that and you've probably got an IQ less than your shoe size. If you are going to try and help people around here, maybe it'd be alot easier to understand your stupidity if you used proper english/grammar. Instead, I have to bust out my Captain Crunch Decoder-ring to figure out the jibberish you've written. I could mash my face into my keyboard randomly and make more sense than you.

oh, and..

Ive already given up on public education. just ignore him. its better for you blood preasure. that and if we all ignore him he'll eventually go away and we'll have our forum the way it was. understandable.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
BCSavage

yah I'm not even giving him the chance to respond because if I have to read one more "sentence" of that dribble MY iq is going to drop. I just clicked the "block" button
Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
running_gag

Althogh I did just read the last sentence. supercharger adn nos? what does he do, recharge his reciever pack while he changes his piston and sleeve? Os is he full of...nos.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:20 AM
lozzynitro8

[&:]u r all basically nerds and a waste ov ma time u cant understand me coz yer hed iz wedged firmly in ya ass
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 AM
lozzynitro8

DAM U PEEPZ R SOOOOOOOOOO FUKED UP[:@]
Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 PM
axisrc

get a cen it can do 73mph and u can upgrade the engine and it will go even faster
mike
Old 06-20-2007, 04:05 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey lozzynitro8, your a neard for using Z all the time and words like ma' and yer' and iz'

it is aggravating to read. and if you where here right now, i would take a ragged metal Z and jam it right down your neck then watch you slip away while your trying to say "waz up wit dat? u b cra-z fo doin dat coz dat be reel bad shizit bro!" Just KIDDING......... or am i?[>:]

aint' you in the UK? why are you writing like your some kind of gang-banging scrap of a person? you are not funny. you are not cool.

i think i was a little harsh..................
Old 06-21-2007, 08:07 AM
The_Shark

dear lozzynitro8;

please drop the annoying writing style. no one is going to take you seriously if you dont.

yeah, i had a coustom bolink electric funny car with a 9turn motor I modified and put on a 48,000mf capaciter to the limitless esc and put the direct drive ratio to 30-45! i hooked it onto a venom speed meter and that baby did 73mph! the third run back i jumped over a man hole and it got destroyed piece by piece at 70mph, it flipped so viciously that it ripped off all the electronics and the front axl.
WHY!?[sm=cry_smile.gif]

direct drive pan and funny cars are the fastest and cheapest cars you can buy. the fastest r/c is a pan car!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Nick2618

dude this thread is dead and the dude you wrote the letter two has not been on rcu for over 2 months...
Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
SAVAGEJIM

As for cars and trucks that are advertised at going 65MPH, 70MPH, 75MPH stock and out of the box, Dont You Belive It! Those speeds are advertised speeds and you would have to buy more stuff, mainly higher gear ratios, to attain speeds 60MPH +.

When you are out bashing or running a car up and down the street, 45MPH is extremely fast. Anything faster and you will truely lose sight of your RC fast!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
The_Shark

a good rule of thumb; take the avertized nuber and subtract around 40% 60mph= 40mph