Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What?! Gil Losi JR goes to Kyosho?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 PM
infernos777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What?! Gil Losi JR goes to Kyosho?!

Holy crap! Talk about strange...Gil Losi JR, the namesake of Team Losi, has left Horizon/Losi to go to Kyosho America. HUH?!

[link=http://www.rc-car.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=8E40712DD9274E29866FA416F35F7B40&SiteID=6817839757EF4441818726B97A2175A5]Gil Losi JR goes to Kyosho America[/link]

Seems weird, why would he leave his own company that has his name on it?! I'm guessing Horizon booted him.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:34 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: What?! Gil Losi JR goes to Kyosho?!

There's more going on there than the article is saying. First it does not speciffically say he has severed ties with Losi/Horizon, just that he's going to direct Kyosho's effort to align Kyosho's products to th American market. With his background with Kyosho I wouldn't be surprised if this were not some precursor to a merger or buy out of some kind.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: What?! Gil Losi JR goes to Kyosho?!

Losi is obviously kicking butt right now; between the LST, Muggy, 8ight, 8ightT, their 2wd/4wd electric/nitro buggies and STs, and touring sedans, it's no wonder Kyosho America wants a piece of that ...

Kyosho doesn't seem to be doing too bad in North America though. Dave could be right about some corporate alignment; I wonder if Kyosho realizes that breaking off from a major distributor (Great Planes) wasn't the best thing and an alignment with Horizon might not be a bad thing after all.