Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

WHAT TO DO

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:55 AM
fireman3943

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT TO DO

I HOPE THAT I AM NOT IN THE WRONG BY DOING THIS BUT I WAS TALKING TO A GUY ABOUT A BUGGY ROLLER I WILL NOT SAY HIS NAME RIGHT NOW. AND I ASK HIM IF HE WOULD TAKE A CERTAIN PRICE FOR AND AND HE SAID YES NOW I DIDNT GO IN AND MAKE AN OFFICAIL OFFER. I TOLD HIM I WOULD PROBALY TAKE AND HE ASK FOR MY SHIPPING ADDRESS SO I GAVE IT TO HIM AND TOLD HIM IF I DECIDED I WANTED IT I WOULD PAYPAL THE MONEY. WELL THE NEXT THING I KNEW HE SENT ME A EMAIL WITH A TRACKING # AND ASK ME WHEN I WAS PAYING HIM . I INFORMED HIM THAT I BOUGHT A JAMMIN BUGGY INSTEAD AND NOW HE WANTS ME TO PAY SHIPPING BACK TO HIM AND I TOLD HIM I THOUGHT THAT WAS NOT RIGHT SINCE I NEVER MAKE OFFICIAL OFFER . HE JUST SENT ME A EMAIL SAYING HE WAS GOING TO POST ON THE FORUM HOW I WAS TRYING TO RIP HIM OFF. BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT IS HAPPENING . I WANT TO SEND HIS STUFF BACK BUT WHY SHOULD I PAY THE SHIPPING TO GET IT BACK TO HIM WHEN I DIDNT TELL HIM TO SEND IT AND ALSO I WOULDNT SHIP TO NO ONE UNTIL I WAS PAID IN FULL. TELL ME WAHT YOU THINK AND LET ME PLEASE
Old 04-20-2007, 12:22 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHAT TO DO

You should know if you actually bought the item or not...

It seems just to be a misunderstanding, so just ship the item back to him - i doubt it'd cost you a fortune to do so. It's hardly worth getting into an argument over.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've done nothing wrong at all. In fact you should keep the car until he paypals you the cost of sending it back to him.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:53 PM
sloppyG

why would you give him your address if you didn't mean to buy it?

sounds like you bought it and are trying to weasel out.

there's no good reason for you to have given him your address if you didn't expect him to ship it to you.
If I was the shipper, you giving my your address would indicate that you want it shipped.

pay the freight back on your own and send the guy his stuff back, you should give him a check for the cost of freight to you as well.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
happywing

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

why would you give him your address if you didn't mean to buy it?

sounds like you bought it and are trying to weasel out.

there's no good reason for you to have given him your address if you didn't expect him to ship it to you.
If I was the shipper, you giving my your address would indicate that you want it shipped.

pay the freight back on your own and send the guy his stuff back, you should give him a check for the cost of freight to you as well.
I thought the same thing. How did he know where to send it? You're trying to back out of a deal.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:04 PM
KillerJato

ah, don't worry about it, wait till he pays for the shipping back to him, if he doesn't keep the car in of story.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:12 PM
DaveG55

You know what, if this is really truly a misunderstanding, then you owe the guy to ship it back at your expense. Here you have a guy that thought he had sold his buggy and was trusting enough to ship it w/o getting paid first. That by itself is worth a little respect. If you really had not decided to buy it then you certainly did give a mixed signal when you gave him your address. Maybe he jumped the gun sending it but it does not sound like you were very clear either. I think that there is fault on both sides and tha you should just ship it back to him and foot that bill and chalk it up to experence.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:32 PM
KillerJato

Anyone with any common sense would not shipped a item without getting paid or atleast some kind of document. There may of been a mixed message, but still he should pay for the return shipping.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:33 PM
RCtruckRacer

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

You know what, if this is really truly a misunderstanding, then you owe the guy to ship it back at your expense. Here you have a guy that thought he had sold his buggy and was trusting enough to ship it w/o getting paid first. That by itself is worth a little respect. If you really had not decided to buy it then you certainly did give a mixed signal when you gave him your address. Maybe he jumped the gun sending it but it does not sound like you were very clear either. I think that there is fault on both sides and tha you should just ship it back to him and foot that bill and chalk it up to experence.
+1
Old 04-20-2007, 05:36 PM
fireman3943

WHY SHOULD I PAY THE SHIPPING I DIDNT MAKE THE OFFER HE ASK ME TO GO AHEAD AND GIVE HIM MY SHIPPING INFO AND HE WAS SUPOSE TO WAIT UNTIL I PAYPALED HIM THE MONEY TO SHIP
Old 04-20-2007, 05:38 PM
fireman3943

I DIDNT BUY IT IF I HAD THEN I WOULD HAVE MADE HIM A OFFER WHICH I DIDNT
Old 04-20-2007, 05:53 PM
---RC PiNYoT---

It sure would have been interesting to hear the other guy's version of it all. The whole shipping address in particular.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:10 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Send it back to him. It's your fault for not clarifying it.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:27 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: fireman3943

WHY SHOULD I PAY THE SHIPPING
I can think of several reasons but if you have to ask that question you may not understand the answer.
It has to do with character, honesty, honor, karma and common decency and person morals.
For whatever reason, you've got in your possession something that belongs to someone else.
Do the right thing and send it back to the man.
Always remember "What goes around, comes around".
You asked for opinions, that's mine.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:10 PM
KillerJato

Lets take a poll of who would or would not ship a item before being paid for. I for one would not. I'd bet that or less it's a family member or a very close friend you wouldn't either.

It would be common decency for the guy that sent it to you for no reason to pay for the trip back to him. I agree you should return it, but only for the $ that it will cost. We all work hard for are $ and i would not give it away for free due to someone else's stupidity.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:26 PM
fireman3943

THANKS FOR NOT BEING A JERK KILLERJATO AND TO EVERYONE ELSE THE GUY HAS DECIDED THAT HE SHOULDNT HAVE SHIPPED UNTIL HE WAS PAID AND HE CHECKED ON EVERYTHING AND NO I DID NOT SEND HIM A OFFER I JUST ASKED A QUESTION WHAT WAS HIS BOTTOM DOLLAR. SO HE IS PAYING THE SHIPPING
Old 04-20-2007, 10:00 PM
sloppyG

maybe now if the guy could just explain to you what caps lock means
Old 04-20-2007, 10:29 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

maybe now if the guy could just explain to you what caps lock means
I wish someone would but do you think he would understand??????[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 04-21-2007, 09:14 AM
RCtruckRacer

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

WHY SHOULD I PAY THE SHIPPING
I can think of several reasons but if you have to ask that question you may not understand the answer.
It has to do with character, honesty, honor, karma and common decency and person morals.
For whatever reason, you've got in your possession something that belongs to someone else.
Do the right thing and send it back to the man.
Always remember "What goes around, comes around".
You asked for opinions, that's mine.
Its not just your opinion Dave. Damn glad I am not the only one that feels this way. I hope that I am fortunate enough to deal with someone like you in my future eBay purchases. Sadly, too many people are like the OP and wont often do the right thing.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Thiele

DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT WHEN YOU TYPE IN CAPITALS IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING ????

Please don´t, it´s rude
Old 04-23-2007, 09:04 PM
RS4rallydriver

LOL ya, unless you mean to yell! I would have just sent it back to him whether he paid for return shipping or not, that's just me... I would just be worried if I am ever going to see my truck again!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
420Speedster

THANKS FOR NOT BEING A JERK KILLERJATO AND TO EVERYONE ELSE THE GUY HAS DECIDED THAT HE SHOULDNT HAVE SHIPPED UNTIL HE WAS PAID AND HE CHECKED ON EVERYTHING AND NO I DID NOT SEND HIM A OFFER I JUST ASKED A QUESTION WHAT WAS HIS BOTTOM DOLLAR. SO HE IS PAYING THE SHIPPING
It seems to me he's probably getting a bit nervous about you having his stuff and he not having any money. Im sure he offered to pay the shipping back just so he can get his stuff while you play around on a forum trying to get someone else to decide what you should do.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Nick2618

This is proably to late but, there is a way to ship it back for free. Just do not answer the door when ups come and dont pick up the package. After 10 days ups will return to sender.