Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

4 cycling on break in

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:30 PM
mxrider131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 cycling on break in

4-cycling and 2-cycling. I'm breakin in my nova rex engine using heat cycling with the truggy tuned rich, but i read somewhere that you dont want your rc to be 4-cycling during break in. What exzactly is that and how do i recognize it? I want to break it in right so i thought i would ask this before i go any farther
Old 04-21-2007, 08:49 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 4 cycling on break in

I totally disagree with using the "4 cycling" term as it is a very mis-leading term to use. It means running the engine excessively rich to the point where it is mis-firing. All that is needed for break in is to run your needle setting on the fat side. Do not over do it.

Ryan
Old 04-21-2007, 09:58 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running some kind of nitro anything for over twenty years and I have always just ran them a litle fat and slow and then go a little faster and tell you get about three or four tanks threw it and you should be good to go. I have even taken a motor right out of the box and ran the piss out of it and it still runs to this day. Oh yea and to I always put after run oil in them and turn the motor over at leat a good five min or so with the pull starter or a bumb box or a drill starter.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:59 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are many differing ideas on breakin. I personally use the wide open throttle method. I have had excellent results with this technique and have never had an engine fail. All you need to do is run your engine slightly on the rich side. There is no need to baby the engine with low throttle settings.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:39 AM
infernos777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search for "Bess Method" here on RC Universe and that's the way I break my engines in, and so do my friends. It works well for us, no 4-stroke noise at all.