Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

revo 3.3 jato 3.3 or savage x ??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 06:50 AM
alvinm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: revo 3.3 jato 3.3 or savage x ??????

And with the revo, you don't get what you pay for...its not even 1/8 scale.[sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 05-03-2007, 01:05 PM
flow41

HELL YA YOU DO YOU GET 45+ NOT -40 LIKE YOUR GST

BIG 7.7 ENGINE WILL KILL YOU WITH THE NITRO IT SUCKS YOU WILL ENDUP PAYING AS MUCH AS YOU PAY FOR THE TRUCK OR EVEN MORE JUST ON FUEL

IF IT HAD A 23cc ZENOAH GAS POWERED ENGINE ITLL BE A DIFFERENT STORY BUT THAT 7.7 BLOWS
Old 05-03-2007, 02:46 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: flow41

HELL YA YOU DO YOU GET 45+ NOT -40 LIKE YOUR GST

BIG 7.7 ENGINE WILL KILL YOU WITH THE NITRO IT SUCKS YOU WILL ENDUP PAYING AS MUCH AS YOU PAY FOR THE TRUCK OR EVEN MORE JUST ON FUEL

IF IT HAD A 23cc ZENOAH GAS POWERED ENGINE ITLL BE A DIFFERENT STORY BUT THAT 7.7 BLOWS
Is your name FLOW because constant BS FLOWS out of your mouth all the time? I can GUARANTEE YOU the GST is JUST as FAST, iIF NOT FASTER then a Revo 3.3.
It DOES NOT use that much fuel, how many times do i have to tell you this? I HAVE ONE, YOU DON'T so stop spewing bogus information which AGAIN you know NOTHING ABOUT! My God man run along and do some more research before you start opening your mouth. It's evident your a little Revo lover and all you like is Traxxas, Ignornce is Bliss buddy!

for the record i have a FG MT also with a 26cc Zendoah gas powered motor, the 7.7 does not blow, again your being ignorant and obviously ill informed and just spewing bogus BS out of that mouth of yours! Please shut up if you don't have any factual information to contribute.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:37 PM
KillerJato

Hey JUCD VPR, how does the FG MT do, i have been thinking about getting one.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:09 PM
JUCD VPR

the FG MT is AWESOME. that about sums it up, it's only 2WD but man it has some power to mow through some rough terrain! Well worth the money, the initial shock expense SUCKS, but once you get it and run it...ooh buddy it's amazing 45 minute run times, no glow plugs or igniters, cheap gas, BIG and powerful!
Check out the short vid I made!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeEoEb8_Hec

I'm in the process of compairing the FG, GST, and LST2 (LST2 will get here sunday)
Old 05-04-2007, 09:36 AM
flow41

dude your an ignorant kid the engines name its not Zendoah its zenoah !

gst 7.7 its just a waste of nitro whats the ground clerance on that gst and whats the ground clerance from the revo answer that and then tell why you want that GST with 7.7 (same ground clerance in the revo and gst)

so you need a 1/8 to get 4" ground clerance ??? which you can get on a 1/10 that runs faster and goes better around curves !

plus i heard from gst owners that they could go thru a gallon in just 1 day LOL of racing

on top of that how many times you gotta pull that thing to crank it ? 1 to 5 ? you know how many seconds i hold my ez-start to crank my revo ?
WITH NO EFFORT!

revo is faster and better nitro economy!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:09 AM
alvinm

I'm convinced flow is clueless. Dude, the 3.3 is not that good especially for serious bashing. If that revo shock setup was so good, why doesn't anyone else use it? Its basically an onroad design, on an offroad truck.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM
flow41

An onroad suspension on a revo boy you dont know nothing !!!

that suspension is nothing like an onroad you cannot have that suspension in an onroad you will rollover using that kind of suspension on pavement
that suspension is to absorb the impact on the front as on the sides an is one of the best suspensions that there is
if you want too look at my models theres 2 onroad cars in my garage and i dont see nothing in yours

learn a little bit more about suspension and then come and talk to me boy!

Old 05-04-2007, 04:54 PM
JUCD VPR

OOh my bad I made a typo lol
Ignorant haha please SON, your the only ignorant one I see. You talk about a truck that you have no knowledge and experience with, i've owned a revo 3.3, and I OWN a GST! A Revo will NOT outrun a GST and thats a plain and simple FACT! If you don't want to believe it then stay in your own little made up dream land buddy but it's the truth. YES a revo can handle better, i never argued that.

Go ahead and start compairing size lol Whats the width and the length of the GST compaired to the little revo? Look at the SIZE difference, i have no idea off the top of my head what the revo ground clerance is nor do i care, what are you even arguing about? The 1/5 scale FG MT has a lower ground clerance then the GST does, does that make it a bad truck....? NOPE! Driving the bigger wider and longer GST it can fly over rough terrain without hitting small bumps and flipping over vice the REVO which does easily over some rough off road terrain. How do i know..ding ding ding i've owned one!

Yah if i go out racing all day and i'm racing and bashing around i'll go through a gallon of nitro, it DOSEN'T MATTER WHAT TRUCK I'M DRIVING! I could run a gallon of nitro through a 2.5 motor in one day, so AGAIN stupid point that you so desperately tried to make.

It's obvious you don't know much about anything and you just try to grab onto anything you can and make up as much BS as you can to try an make yourself LOOK like you know what your talking about, man it isn't working, you only look more ignorant ranting about BS!

I have to pull the cord 2 times, i'm not weak and lazy so pulling a little cord with my 17+" arms Twice isn't much effort sorry little guy" A roto start vice a pull start dosen;t make a truck better over another. I have both types. BUT you can upgrade and get the complete roto starter and set for 50 bucks if you don;t like pulling a little cord.

So what else do you got, come on start making up some more BS. I can't wait to hear what you have to say next.

Here are some FACTS.

Revo is better handling then a GST.
GST is bigger by almost 50%
GSt has more HP (5HP, how much does a revo have?)
GST has TONS more Torque
GST is longer and wider making more stable running over rough terrain.
GST is faster in a straight line.
GSt can bash as hard as a Savage.
GST has 3 speed tranny
GST has reverse
GST has a better radio
GST looks cooler (only an opinion but many have the same opinion as i Do)
GST weight more
GST uses a little more fuel (not even noticable)

Seriously tell me some FACTS why the REVO is better then a GST? Don't just make up some BS like uummmm mmm mmm it uses more fuel and has a pull start AHAHAHAHAHA good points psshh.... YOU LOSE!
Old 05-04-2007, 05:03 PM
JUCD VPR

What the heck are you talking about ? Their are two on-road cars in my garage and i don;t see anything in yours? Umm have you been in his garage, does he even have a garage lol? Are we talking REAL 1:1 cars because i'll school you in suspension. I have a 91 Mustang Gt which is my Drag car and a 99' Dodge Viper RT/10 sititing in MY GARAGE! If were talking RC's then ive had a few onroad cars, but nothing special, not fun enough for me.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:22 PM
KillerJato

Wow this has gotten out of control.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:26 PM
joelnazab

can you guys do a lil comparison chart but with the revo 3.3 and the new savage im pretty much gonna get the new savage x but i still like the idea of the revo i dont know why
Old 05-04-2007, 05:29 PM
JUCD VPR

I agree.
I just wish some poeple would talk about what they KNOW and not what they THINK they know. Biased opinions don't help anyone, i'm just stating the facts of each truck, I have nothing against the Revo 3.3, it's an aweosme little truck. Anyway i'm finished with FLOW so he can talk to himself for now on.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:53 PM
joelnazab

thats koo JUCD VPR so can you tell mei think uve owned both wich is better for me the new savage x or the revo 3.3 what are the ups and downs pleaseeeeee
Old 05-04-2007, 07:29 PM
JUCD VPR

What will you be using it for? Just bashing or racing?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:54 PM
joelnazab

well just driving it around it gonna be my first nitro rc and well i dont kno of any tracks around here or any boty that has a truck but that new savage x claims it goes 45 wich is the same speed as the revo right????? what do you think
Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 AM
JUCD VPR

Nah a Savage isn't as fast as a Revo 3.3, alot of company's claim 45+ speeds but they usually aren't that fast. A revo 3.3 is faster then a Savage X.
I would suggest you get a GST or a LST2 because their both better trucks.
BUT if your choosing between the two and your not doing any insane bashing i'd get the Revo 3.3, seems you like speed and that would be the faster of the two. If you were doing huge jumps and bashing it really hard i'd say get the Savage but for what your going to be doing with it the revo would be a good little truck.

Once you drive a GST or LST2 size truck, you'll never drive a little truck like a revo again.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:28 AM
joelnazab

oh i thought that new f4.6 engine would really make it go as fast as the revo... why do you call it a lil truck is it that much smaller then the savage... also wich one needs more attention like tuning and wich one is more reliable?
Old 05-05-2007, 02:57 AM
joelnazab

reading around..why does everyboty want to replave the trx 3.3 with a o.s. 18 or something like that and i dont really see people talking about the saveges angines ??? so then hpi is lying about the new savege x being their fastes??? i was exited cuz i though hey its more reliable and as fast with that f4.6 engine but then i see the revo and it has reverse and comes witht the battery pack and the traxxas site says it has a built in fail safe wich i dont remember who said it doesnt i am so lost!!!!! lol i really need help
Old 05-05-2007, 03:00 AM
joelnazab

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...=en&partNo=862
Old 05-05-2007, 03:02 AM
joelnazab

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a7QgHlT-nUo
Old 05-05-2007, 04:20 AM
JUCD VPR

Yes the Revo is a small truck, but keep in mind i own a 1/5 scale FG MT, GST and LST2. The Revo is closer to a 1/10 then a 1/8, but yes the savage is bigger. No idea why alot of people replace the TRX engine, i know alot of Revo guys who like their 3.3 and don't have many problems? So i don't know whats up with that? BOTH trucks are good trucks so i mean it's not like your buying some piece of crap.

What is your budget to spend on a truck? Just asking because if you can afford it the GST 7.7 or LST2 would be better.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:25 AM
JUCD VPR

That a cool Savage X video, very well tuned Savages also!

Like i said either truck is a good truck, the revo may be faster but it isn;t much faster, and the Savage can bash harder, yet the Revo can handle better and could be used to track race. SO it's all up to you.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:41 AM
joelnazab

well it was supposed to be a 400 dollar gift but i told my girlfriend you get what you pay for wich i dont really kno sence im new to this its cuz i liked the savage but then i saw that the revo had the reverse... so here is the thing.. the new savage x 4.6 at towerhobbies it says its 450 but i need a glow plug w/charger and a battery pack for the reciver becouse they told me regular alkalines dont give it enought power the reverse is another thing i dont kno how much the reverse module the mixer and the servo are but i think its over 60 dollars and i can get all that with the revo 3.3 for 506 dollars shiped and everything if i get the savage i will have to put the other part slowly and i will have to save up money... how easy can a revo brake ill just be driving it in grass dirt street and going off the sidewalk lol but that new savage look fukin nice lol originally i wanted a cen magnum and i would dream of one day getting the savage becouse it looked so kool but then now a year later i dont know mayb i should wait to see the review on the new savage what do you think?
Old 05-05-2007, 06:04 AM
JUCD VPR

I think if your going to spend $500.00 you should buy a GST 7.7. Seriously i've owned all the trucks your asking about (except the new savage x 4.6, but i owned a savage ss 4.6) and the GST is so much more fun to drive, plus it's faster, 3 speed tranny with reverse, comes rtr with glow plug, igniter, fuel bottle and an awesome radio also. Plus it'll bash as hard as a savage as well! PLUs it's freaking HUGE, at almost twice the size of a revo, has beefy strong parts that hold up well.

Are do you really just was a Savage or a Revo? Man it's hard to suggest to you what to get, i say Savage since it's bigger and the newest version out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.