Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Firestorm question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:37 PM
FastFnFord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestorm question

My brother got a Firestorm a few weeks ago, and its a pretty fast little buggy. No real problems with it yet. Except the steering. When it's off the ground, the wheels turn fine. But when it's on the ground and moving, it takes literally a whole two-lane street to turn around. When he first got it, it steered alot better. I looked at it and didn't see anything broken on the front end. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a Savage X and when I replaced the steering servo with the SF-2, it helped alot. Will the SF2 fit the Firestorm? Is there a better one then the SF-2 that will fit?

Also, the Firestorm doesn't seem to have very good torque when starting from a stop. I tuned it, and even brought it to the LHS and had them tune it, but it's still slow at first. After about a second or two on the throttle it will open up though. Is this normal?

Oh, and one more thing....If any of you have a Firestorm, what upgrades do you recommend out-of-the-box?
Old 04-29-2007, 05:27 PM
companykid91

Default RE: Firestorm question

hey you changed the batteries in the car yet
Old 04-29-2007, 07:34 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

You could try changing the clutch gear to one tooth lower than what's in it, maybe even two teeth lower, will make it take off alot faster, also what about the low end needle is it too rich?
Old 04-29-2007, 08:14 PM
FastFnFord

Yes, we just changed the batteries cuz that's what I thought the problem was.

We just tuned it a week before. I'll tune it again though, cuz I noticed on here that some of the nitro engines have to be re-tuned alot. Maybe the Firestorm is one of them.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
sapper ion

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5074112/tm.htm]official firestorm thread[/link]

go there, you will get all the info that you are seeking