Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need a new engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:10 PM
DeLuXe24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new engine

I was going to get a new engine for my rs4 and I am debating on the picco .12 red dot and the o.s 18 tz. Ive heard that .12s top out faster then .18s. There is one thing, my rs4 is set up for a rotary carb and the picco is a slide, ive also heard that slide carbs are better for on-road cars. Is there a slide carb conversion kit that i can get?

Anyway other suggestions for engines are welcome.

I need a pipe too..somthing with really high top end.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 11:23 PM
iexion

Default RE: Need a new engine

Ill leave the topic on what engine to get alone because im sure someone will mention the engine you shoould look at (made os O.S.)
Anywho its not that hard to swtich from rotary to slide. just a new servo "horn" is it called? thats designed for slide carbs. If your looking at getting the TZ engine just do a bit more research on the engine to see if you really need the power ( power doesnt always = speed ) and the other main thing you might want to know about the engine (TZ) is the piston and sleeve is $80 motherfu***ng dollars!!![:@] Which really sucks when u can get a .18 cvr for 100 bucks.

My LHS is selling TZ engine for $135 so im looking at getting ...another one
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 AM
HeLLsGoD

If you bought your rs4 brand new, the optional slide carb setup is there included in the plastic parts already so you dont have to worry about that.

umm id go with the .12 picco if you have the purple gearing clutchbell and the .18tz if you have the red clutch bell. Your gearing will limit and decide your engines top speed and accelleration. Also If your racing or go to the tracks, go with the .12 but if your just a carpark basher go with the outlaw .18tz
Old 04-30-2007, 06:19 PM
DeLuXe24

I got the rs4 like 4 years ago and i dont even have a 2 speed for it but my friend is giving me one. I have some spare parts and I will look through it for the slide carb option. I will mostly be doing parking lot bashing but I really would like to get into racing.