Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help...which buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
turbohardtop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help...which buggy

Hi, I am looking to purchase my first RC toy. I want to get something that I can take to the park that is durable and not necessary to race. I was thinking something like a buggy or a Truggy running Nitro. However, there are so many options, vendors and manufactures. Which ones would you recommend. I was thinking 1/10 scale. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 PM
cubmaster
My Feedback: (51)

Default RE: help...which buggy

1st choice: Traxxas E-Maxx with 3 pair of IB4200 batteries and a TwinPeak charger
- it's good for beating around and has a great aftermarket following

2nd choice: Tamiya Darkinpact with a Tamiya ESC from e-bay, 4 IB4200 packs, Twin peak charger and AE RC18t radio system
- you'll build it yourself which is a good way to learn the vehicle and it's vary durable but can be superfast brushless

When you consider the fact that you will always have to buy fuel and retune all the time, electric is a much better choice. Another thing to consdider is that with brushless technolagy coming on faster than ever the top speed is not better in one or the other, Nitro messy-electric not
Old 05-01-2007, 12:23 AM
cheech4

ok he said buggy or a truggy, the emaxx is neither , he also mention NITRO, but i do agree the dark impact is a sweet ride for an electric 4*4 buggy. as far as NITRO buggy's i either would get the duratrax evader buggy, the hot bodies lightning buggy, or tamya nitro force for 1/10 scale... if you want to step it up and get a 1/8 scale then ofna makes the best NITRO buggies.. and they do have truggy kits for them also.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:48 AM
turbohardtop

I guess I do not have to have Nitro. I want one that I can run at the park without over-heating much. I think I will go with electric if that is better route to go. Any more options? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Fastlane750

they'r not toys! the proper term is 'hobby model'.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:07 AM
zephar123

electric alot better way to go if your running in a park you dont want to disturb peopel with noise infact in alot of towns now you can get a ticket for disturbing the peace.

Although Im an avid buggy guy myself. I am not sure about running a buggy in a park ( if itsa a park on grass) exactly what sort of area are you runnign this on. A clearer discription of kind of park would help. As right now im picturing a park with large grass fields and a play ground
Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 AM
turbohardtop

there is a huge regional park 2 minutes from my house. I think you are right about Nitro being too noisey. there are 3 baseball diamonds there with no grass, several soccer fields, and a huge prepped track for running. I guess I am looking for something that can run on grass and dirt.