Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

ASPHALT BASHERS (RICHMOND HILL) HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN BY CITY

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ASPHALT BASHERS (RICHMOND HILL) HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN BY CITY

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:59 PM
boltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASPHALT BASHERS (RICHMOND HILL) HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN BY CITY

If Any of you here Bash in Richmond Hill (Hwy 7 & Yonge Street) Please read the following

As Poster By Viper (Founder)
Please show your support...
It is most unfortunate that we must obey Richmond Hill’s regulation for now. I have only had 1 complaint since I have started running at the BRICK. Time and time again I have told our group that we must not meet or play at the BRICK other than our regular Monday and Wednesday night bashes.

I know there are some people in the group that do come by to rip around out of our scheduled nights and hence that may have pushed that one complainant to get more signatures to petition the city to shut us down. I will not point or mention names as that really is not necessary. I will suggest to each and everyone that reads this post that you follow your organizers rules to avoid shut downs like this.

After everyone left, I had a heart to heart talk with those people that delivered the news to us. They seemed really sorry that they were the ones to tell us to stop our operation. Metrus Properties I believe are not the owners but is the fee management company that looks after the location. If I am mistaken, then, I am sorry. The property owners would not care as to what our group does just so much that they would not care if the truckers used the lot for training or parking trailers or transporters all year round street hockey players at 2AM, wannabe drift drivers and so on. Why you ask? Because it brings people to their location of business, hence we never heard from the BRICK or WINNERS and other store owners of the plaza. Traffic is important to them regardless of cause excluding of course damage or crime to the store on location. Metrus Property does know what happens there, they have to as they have to do their rounds to maintain the property. I know, I work for a fee management company. The lady was quite surprised when I mentioned to her that there was only one woman that complained since I/we have been there.

I fully understand that the noise we generate is sometimes un-tolerable, but is it really? If the immediate tenants of the property does not complain to us and we have been there for almost three years, and we are immediately in front of their business, then it must only mean one thing, and that is the traffic we bring into their stores whether it be our wives and children or the local and or visiting residents to see us play and entertain their kids while the rest of theirs and our family shop at their store.

The complainant is a mother of a child who supposedly races off road on a motorcycle as she had claimed to me last year. Come to think of it, it is exactly a year that she came up to me. Needless to say, I am surprised that she can tolerate the noise of her child’s motorcycle up close when racing but not ours which is practically over a kilometer away from our location to her dwelling. Does that make sense? I was also surprised by this lady who wanted me to come to her house the first time she came up to me so I can listen to the noise level from her view point. I obviously did not go there. But I did tell her that if it would make her happy that I would cut down our hours to shut our engines off at 9PM instead of 10PM which we did.

By the way, as I and the city worker were about to part, two mothers came up to me with their kids in tow holding their toy R/C model wanting to play with us. I said to them that I was sorry for not being able to accommodate them as the city had just shut us down. These two ladies with their children will be supporting us to keep us playing there by voicing out their support for us. How can you help? Forward this post to the city of Richmond Hill attention to the mayor’s office.

Tell them that when you or the whole family that come to play or if you are a passerby watching us, and even the local resident of the area that bring their children to be entertained or brought into the hobby by responsible adults so that they can learn a trade from wrenching an engine to become mechanic or what ever they may want to be in life, that the city benefits because you bring traffic to their community, that in one way or another form you are there to spend your money when you get hungry, run out of gas, shop a their stores while a relative watches or plays, drink coffee at the local shop after the meets, clean up the BRICKS parking lot before and after play, and last but not the least support the hobby shops from Bowmanville, Ajax, Pickering, New Market, Richmond Hill, Vaughn, North York, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Niagara Falls, at the same time.

Tell the city that except for this one lady who complained, whose child she claimed rides a motorcycle for fun, and whose father is not in the least bothered to come out and complain about the noise we make could make us shut down and stop the local businesses from benefiting from what we love to do. Teach family ties, a trade, entertain, and support the various communities we come from. Where is the justice?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ASPHALT BASHERS (RICHMOND HILL) HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN BY CITY

Some people have nothing better to do than complain. Sorry to hear it bud, fight it as far as you can.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:48 PM
boltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things are looking up for Asphalt Bashers RC Club!

as posted by Viper (Founder)
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Good news guys!!! Read Below. Check out the site but please do not play there until we get an okey from Ms Foster.

Sent : May 10, 2007 2:08:57 AM
To : <email hidden>
Subject : banned in the hill

Dear Narciso

Please forgive me for taking a few days to get to this email…I am running for a provincial political position and it is really taking a lot of my time…more then I thought it would….

I am asking not only bylaw but also Metrus for some information on this sport and then I will get back to you….if in fact you are getting the boot out of this location then we need to find another spot…you are right when you say that this is exactly the kind of hobby that youth, specially young guys, really find interesting and a distraction form other less healthy pursuits so I am very interested in championing any activity that is of interest to teenagers….

We have a large area of asphalt at the skateboard ramps at Richmond Green up on Elgin Mills and perhaps this might be a good alternative if in fact the Metrus site is really a no go…..are you familiar with this site? If not please take the time to go and see it and then let me know if it is a suitable replacement……

I will do my research and see what I can find out for you….stay tuned….

Lynn Foster
Councillor Ward 4
TRH
Old 05-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good news dudes, this woman sounds like she's got it under control. Not enough people like her in the UK, half the reason I left. Congratulations, you got lucky this time.