Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Car went for a swim today

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM
screamin chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car went for a swim today

I was tuning in the car today (RS4 18SS) and there was jus to much traffic, and the darn reflectors woould send the car end over end, i went down the road where they just laid some nice smooth asphalt in a circle looks like about 40- homes going up, anyways I was hauling butt and all of a suddend the car lost signal and in the middle there is alot of water well the car jump the curb and right side up in about a half foot deep water.I got it out and dried it as much as possible then got home and took it a part and used my compressor to get it dry.I put it back together and I was surprise that it all still works, and runs.The filter came off and I am sure water went into the carb but for now it's all working good......
Old 05-08-2007, 03:05 PM
firesquirrel

Default RE: Car went for a swim today

thats pretty sweet
i have an RS4 3 Typpe ss also
Old 05-09-2007, 02:13 AM
iexion

i use to wash my engines out years ago. dont know why. water in a engine wont break it but MAKE SURE YOU DRY IT OUT AND PUT OIL IN IT ASAP!!! i'd say spray the whole engine over with WD-40 just to make sure. u just dont want anything to rust. the only damage that could happen to a car in water would mostly be done to the electronics. maybe the gas but if u get any water in the gas just dump it out, spray the gas tank out with WD-40 and just for extra safty put a tiny bit of gas (nitro fuel) into the gas tank and dump that out to. this way you clean the tank of water and use the fuel to " re coat " the tank so your good to go.

AlSO this is why we get those little things called "FAIL SAFES". run aways are scary and most of the time when they lose the TX (transmitter) the servo can just go wide open and thus you have a ground rocket aiming for the curb. and it couldnt hurt to pick up a fuel filter. there like 3-5 bucks. i wouldnt drive any nitro unless i have one " trust me on this"[:-]
Old 05-09-2007, 08:39 AM
screamin chicken

I know my Muggy lost control in the same place, I will just stay away from there, I need to buy some fail safe for my Muggy,LST,Tmaxx,Revo,And my RS4...