Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Starting options

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Mitchb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting options

I have a revo for my son with the electric start and I love it. I have 3 other cars that all use starter box which I can't stand because of all the stuff I need to carry. Whats the next best option, roto start?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Nick2618

Default RE: Starting options

if you dont like a starter box you probaly wont like the tiger drive system either, unless you do not mind carrying around a cordless drill. Or if you already have a real small drill it would not be so bad.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:58 PM
DaveG55

Powered start systems that are similar to the tiger drive system (which I've heard bad things about) can all be purchased with a handheld starter that is considerably smaller than an electric drill and give better results too. They are;
HPI Roto start
Hot Bodies start
DuraTraxKwik-pit
Losi spin start

You did not say which engines you would be trying to start with them so I don't know if/which have starter backplates available for them.
If you can get backplates for one of the systems then most of the handhelds will work with the exception of the Losi system, it's set up to spin the opposite direction from the others.
Also, some, maybe all, of your engines, may need different engine backplates and also one way bearings
Old 05-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Dokioto

I personally like pull starts... No need to carry anything around...
Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 PM
be4life182

Yeah i like pullstarts. I remember my friend use to have a handheld cool little wheel similar to one in a starter box. He just always used that.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:29 PM
RCtruckRacer

I like bump starts the best. The OWB in the engine just plain sucks IMO. Nothing is more reliable than a starter box, even though you do have to lug it around.