Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I screwed up....lookin' for some tips

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I screwed up....lookin' for some tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:47 AM
DamageIncorporated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I screwed up....lookin' for some tips

Alright, heres the deal. I have an Axial .28 spec 1s. I pulled a bone head move and forgot to thread lock the screw holding my CB and bushing in place. Sure as s#@t, it backed out while running at the beach. The tranny on my Savage held the screw in place with a few threads left in the crank. Now the first few threads in my crank shaft are stripped and I can't get another screw to start. I need some helpful tips from my fellow hobbyists to rectify my problem. Does any body know of a tap and die set available for a small, metric set up? Any quick fix tips? Help me out! I don't want to have to buy another crank!

Thanks and Happy Bashing,

D.I.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:35 AM
IARacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I screwed up....lookin' for some tips

I picked up a full tap & die set for SAE and metric off of eBay for $20 shipped, just an idea.