Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Wheel Size..... Need Help Please !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:47 PM
tallnessuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Size..... Need Help Please !!

Hi

I own a Pirate 10 nitro buggy which currently has 80mm diameter wheels on it, If I change them to 120mm Wheels will this damage the car at all??

Thanks for your help..

Old 05-10-2007, 06:50 AM
nitro _ burner

Default RE: Wheel Size..... Need Help Please !!

hey i dont know if its just me or HEAPS of people have all of a sudden got a pirate 10 either monster truck or buggy, when i got one ON ONE had even heard of them. anyway like i said i have one, and it wouldnt damage the car but it would slow own the acceleration, to make it perform realy well with larger wheels try buying a .15 or larger engine and a realy good clutch. if your still stuck on what to get go to your LHS and ask them thell tell you everything you need to know.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:20 AM
tallnessuk

Default RE: Wheel Size..... Need Help Please !!

Thanks for the advise.... I wasnt sure if it would put extra strain on the clutch and/or engine. The only reason I want to put bigger wheels on it is so that i can take it on lumpier surfaces as the normal wheels make the car ride very low to the ground.

Thanks again.. Paul