Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

what company is this car-What is Wind Hobby

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what company is this car-What is Wind Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:50 PM
ZzBOBCATzZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what company is this car-What is Wind Hobby

I got this car on e bay and the seller said it was ACME RACING....I know they have a few models.... i think their called the Cougar and Cougar Pro...............Is this one of them.....................What brand is my car ..........What is WindHobby.................where can i go to get spare parts or upgrades a mentioned in the book......the hobby shop near me only carries traxxas. a website ? thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30991.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	680964   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ex69214.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	680965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81321.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	680966   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95484.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	680967  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:10 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: what company is this car-What is Wind Hobby

Sorry to say there are hundreds of Chinese knock offs and many are very hard to get parts for. Best to ask questions before you buy not after. Did you ask the seller? I do wish you luck and hope some one here can help.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:02 PM
ZzBOBCATzZ

thanks... the seller said it was ACME racing and i know were to get parts for it ..... But is this the same car w/ a different body

http://www.wonderhobby.com/exrcxtfigr24.html

thanks.......
Old 11-21-2007, 01:39 PM
rctoyhouse

Hey,

Windhobby is a re-badge of HSP, so their parts are compataible with exceed rc, redcat racing, Himoto, HSP. If looking for parts, you can visit here:

http://www.rctoyhouse.com/gas/rc_nit...ada_parts.html
Old 11-21-2007, 05:03 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that model (under any of 400,000 names) does have a fair amount of parts.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:09 PM
pede_187

That car is the same as the Redcat Torando BB http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...partno=TORNADO I'm sure you can find a Redcat Racing hobby shop somewhere.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:11 PM
pede_187

www.clermontmotorsports.com has parts for the car. Email [email protected] and ask where a local dealer is. And their actually not knock offs.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:54 AM
manager

Hey,

So luck! WindHobby is our company's brand. We can supply you with spare parts or upgrades which you required,pls just email [email protected] and visit our website:

http://www.b2brchobby.com/rc-hobby.htm
Old 12-23-2007, 01:38 PM
cb750k7

Does anyone know if the Windhobby Ferret 4WD buggy http://www.b2brchobby.com/TPEB-1605.htm can share the same parts as a Vendetta? Microcenter is selling these for $50 today, so I couldn't pass up getting a couple for the kids. I've looked inside and it looks nearly identical to a Vendetta. Quality appears to be very good. Full size steering servo, alum drive shaft, alum shock covers, and alum shock mounts mounts.

I usually try to support my LHS, but at 1/3 the price of the Vendetta, I couldn't pass up getting these for the kids.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:21 PM
peskelton

I got one. It's awesome! Especially for fifty bucks. Not sure if that was just an in-store special at Micro Center or what but I ended up with 2 after I found out how cool the first one was. Another buddy of mine got 2 and I'm shipping 3 out to a friend and his buddies in VA. They had the price back up to 120 today but they still rang up at 50. Guess the system isn't updated!? Woopsie! All of the electronic components are individual so changing out the esc, servo, or reciever is just like normal RC. I'm trying to find upgrades or spares but the wind hobby site is a maze and doesn't show anything (at least that I've found) for the Ferret. Any ideas if the Vendetta parts mentioned will work?

Thanks!

Paul
Old 12-27-2007, 12:45 AM
manager

ORIGINAL: cb750k7

Does anyone know if the Windhobby Ferret 4WD buggy http://www.b2brchobby.com/TPEB-1605.htm can share the same parts as a Vendetta? Microcenter is selling these for $50 today, so I couldn't pass up getting a couple for the kids. I've looked inside and it looks nearly identical to a Vendetta. Quality appears to be very good. Full size steering servo, alum drive shaft, alum shock covers, and alum shock mounts mounts.

I usually try to support my LHS, but at 1/3 the price of the Vendetta, I couldn't pass up getting these for the kids.
Hey,thanks you for your kind attention to our Windhobby Ferret 4WD buggy,could you send some photos for Vendetta to our mailbox:[email protected],so that we can see if we have same parts to match the Vendetta,and also tell us more information about Vendetta,such as scale,parts needed,etc.Thanks.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:06 AM
manager

ORIGINAL: peskelton

I got one. It's awesome! Especially for fifty bucks. Not sure if that was just an in-store special at Micro Center or what but I ended up with 2 after I found out how cool the first one was. Another buddy of mine got 2 and I'm shipping 3 out to a friend and his buddies in VA. They had the price back up to 120 today but they still rang up at 50. Guess the system isn't updated!? Woopsie! All of the electronic components are individual so changing out the esc, servo, or reciever is just like normal RC. I'm trying to find upgrades or spares but the wind hobby site is a maze and doesn't show anything (at least that I've found) for the Ferret. Any ideas if the Vendetta parts mentioned will work?

Thanks!

Paul
Hey,you are searching for upgrades or spare parts for the Ferret,right? we have the item(ounce-Model no:TPGT-0772) with the same name as Ferret.pls see the linkage website http://www.b2brchobby.com/TPGT-0772-series.htm, this is our newest item,it is very powerful and stronger.you could take a look,or you could directly email us some parts you need.our email address is [email protected]ks.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:05 AM
nitro _ burner

It looks like a Himoto buggy i've seen!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:50 AM
pede_187

Is is the Hi-Speed cars
Old 12-27-2007, 07:55 AM
pede_187

I heard that hobbytown usa is starting to carry redcat (wind hobby) parts. Ask for redcat Tornado parts and that will fit your car.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
sloppyG

I have a "windhobby" after I eat mexican food
Old 12-27-2007, 02:34 PM
zeen420
Banned

Bah, dont worry about parts, theres tons
Old 12-27-2007, 06:15 PM
FlyinGN

be willing to bet it is almost exactly same as the Vendetta..

Old 12-28-2007, 12:48 AM
zeen420
Banned

Umm.. Tornado BB?
Old 12-28-2007, 02:54 AM
rccarme

ORIGINAL: peskelton

Thanks!

Paul
my friend and i got one as well from microcenter. great deal! the construction looks solid and has parts just like a normal rc car. now i'm wondering about upgradeable parts and perhaps a new body style. i emailed [email protected] about parts, etc. my guess this is a reference model and other makes are selling the same car w/ maybe upgraded parts, etc??
Old 12-28-2007, 10:14 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

anybody have a link to microcenter? i can't find it on a search.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:29 PM
peskelton

They aren't listed on the Micro Center site...
Old 12-28-2007, 04:45 PM
pede_187

Anyone have a link to micro center?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:48 PM
peskelton

So I've tried the links for the replacement parts, but they don't bring up anything related to the Ferret 1/16th buggy... The Tornado mentioned is 1/10th which is too big and the Vendetta is 1/18th which is too small. So I'm not seeing the connection to these vehicles in terms of parts.

On another note, I put in a 2S LiPo 7.4 battery in and it almost doubled the speed and power. I can get a wheely from stand still. I'm guessing the stock MiMHs are over promised...

If anyone figures out where the upgrade/replacement parts are for the 1/16th Ferret TPEB-1605 I'd sure like to know!! I know a couple of guys have had the shock shafts sheer right off at the threading. Boooo. I've also noticed the spur gear is skewed in relation to the pinion. Take a look from the side. I bet you'll notice brass shavings from the pinion on your chassis as well. The two holes at the rear of the top plate where it mounts to the rear gear case need to be moved back about 1mm. This should straighten things up...

Let's keep this post going!!

Paul
Old 12-28-2007, 05:03 PM
pede_187

Does your buggy look something like [link=http://rc-tradingpost.com/rrtremorbuggy.html]this[/link]?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.