Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

anyone heard of this truck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 03:08 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone heard of this truck?

hi i just bought my son a new monster truck on ebay its brand new and its 1/10 scale with 4 wd and an18cxp nitro engine.i dont know who makes this truck and wondered if anyone can tell me about it.ive seen a very similar one from redcat racing but its 1/8 scale it looks identical in the pictures though and its called the earthquake.maybe they are made by the same company i dont know anyway heres a link to the one i gotany help much apreciated.
[link]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200107586254&rd=1&rd=1[/link]
Old 05-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: anyone heard of this truck?

Can you post some detailed pics with the body off?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:35 AM
martno1fan

hi i dont have the truck yet its in transit sorry,im thinking it could be made by himoto ?as its very similar to the tyranasaurus truck and the same company sells that one also?.there are a cpl of out of focus pics on that link is it working for you?.if not try this one.all i know is this is a 2 speed truck so im asuming this truck will be pretty fast?.
[link]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-10-2-Speed-Radio-Control-Nitro-MONSTER-TRUCK-2007-CAR_W0QQitemZ200108888774QQihZ010QQcategoryZ19168Q QcmdZViewItem[/link]
Old 05-12-2007, 05:22 AM
martno1fan

anyone?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:42 AM
ross_jsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the problem with buying these cheap chinese knock offs is parts are hard to find. and it certainly wont be the fastest car out there. in the link claimed speeds of 60mph. i would say it will max out at 25mph if you are lucky. i have an lst with £2,000 and an lrp spec 3 engine and it wont reach 60mph.

i wish you luck with finding parts, sometimes its easier and cheaper in the long run to buy a brand name like hpi, traxxas or losi. remember; buy cheap, buy twice!
Old 05-12-2007, 07:13 AM
martno1fan

while i agree it wont do 60 im confident the 18cxp engine will reach 35 to 40 mph as its a decent engine,this is not a chinese knock off im certain this is a chinese original made by hsp himoto and all the parts are available from them.the tyranasaurus truck was made by them and is a dam good truck by all accounts cheap doesnt allways mean inferior.the himoto trucks have a good reputation.having searched the himoto site ive seen a larger version of this truck and its identical so id say its last years 1/10th model as they have new models on the site.i have a ts4n with a .12 pro and it does 40 mph easy stock so im certain this truck will get arround the same speeds with the 2 speed gears.heres a link to the new 1/8 scale model but the older one also pictured is identicle to this one just bigger so i think mine is last years 1/10 version i hope someone can confirm this for me?.im sure the parts will fit and i can get them in the uk so parts shouldnt be a problem.
[link]http://www.hispeedmodel.com/[/link]
Old 05-12-2007, 11:32 AM
rickburnout666

Mart It looks like its the same truck , the wheels,gear ratio are the same and if you look at the picture of the 1/8 its got the .18 engine (4 bolt head) but it does say engine level .21.27.28 cxp, and i am sure those engines have a 6 bolt head, but i could be wrong ???
Old 05-12-2007, 11:48 AM
martno1fan

yea thats what i thought looks the same i guess ill have to wait and see what the trucks like when it comes and take a few pics etc.seems his facts are wrong on that site as like you say same dimensions as my truck .
Old 05-13-2007, 12:43 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a Himoto or redcat or the main on is HSP THEY MAKE ALL OF THEM REDCAT AND HIMOTO AND OTHER BRANDS TOO. And it is a .18 cpx infinity motor it's a good motor I have one in my 1/10 scale buggy from Himoto and I have a on road car with the same motor and they are both still running strong and I have driving %$# the out of them. So you got a good starter ride and you can get parts from all over the place if you want to get them from the states go to Highbanks rc.com and then all about the fun hobbies and cler mount hobby they are carry redcat and himoto. If you want to buy from hong kong or china you can go to himotoracing.com and the HSP web site or exportporo.biz. Good luck and have fun and enjoy welcome to the hobby.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:46 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is 1/10 scale monster truck and it has a .18 cpx infinity motor and it is made by HSP of china.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:20 AM
ross_jsy

only problem is he is in the uk. when used to work in a model shop, we had people bringing those in all the time and non of our suppliers stocked parts, nor could we find anyone who did
Old 05-13-2007, 12:53 PM
martno1fan

Cheers mate thanks for confirming that,i have no problems with ordering parts from either the states or hong kong in fact its cheaper than buying from the uk even with shipping most of the time.Ross ive seen lots of parts on ebay from ebay shops in the uk that stock parts for these trucks.Model shops in the uk arent the best place to get parts for things in my experience,the web makes things more accesable to us all and i have used it and saved a lot of cash in the process.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:22 PM
ross_jsy

yep, especially with the rate at which the dollar is now. i think i may have been able to get some parts straight from the factory. another route you could try.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:50 PM
123michael

holy hell ive been to blackpool today to fish,lol.MARTNO1FAN Your not that far away 40 miles.i have volcano stx.they are just the same its just a different name thats all.note:they are all made in china,lol.so do you fly fish windermere and ambleside i do.or do you spin fish?????lol,so back to nitro.i drove mine in the sea so dont go on that stupid beach.[:@][:@]email me about the the nitros and the names.plzzzzzz tell me where you fish
lol[]
Old 05-13-2007, 05:07 PM
123michael

http://www.redcatracing.com/earthquake_gallery.asp there is your car but its redcat racing its just the same, lol.the redcat racing version is called the earthqake.they are just differnt names.oh and there is the redcat racing thread.its there oh and i set the eartqake thread up for you.it all there.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm
Old 05-13-2007, 05:53 PM
martno1fan

i dont fish in the sea and dont fly fish but have been known to coarse fish and have pike fished in the lakes as my inlaws used to live in keswick.thanks for the links