Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:21 PM
nitromad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help

Hi all

thanks for looking hope you can help [8D]

i got my first monster truck an smartech magic wheel i built it fine ran it in as too an web site said.

now my probelm is when it warmed up i got to speed up to open her up it just after few seconds it just speeds up an bit then spits and starts to slow down an then cut out then it takes ages to start again i tryed new glow plug glow starter fully charged i tryed moving fuel lines around to make sure no kinks in it still no joy [:@]

please help me
if im missing any info you need just say i try an get the info im missing oh and i havn't got money for diffent engine yet

thank you for any help you can give me
Nitromad
Old 05-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Technito20

Default RE: please help

Sounds like it may be running lean on you. I'd try riching it up some and see if that helps. What engine is it?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 PM
nitromad

hi thanks for reply it the standard SMT 15 CX engine

thank you
nitromad

EDIT i belive it CXP type engine
thanks
Old 05-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Technito20

Okay, I'm not really familiar with that engine but I'd say try riching the engine up a little to see if that solves it. I'd imagine it's probably new and the engine hasn't quite been broken in yet. The proper break-in procedure is important for the longevity of the engine. Refer to the manual to see the specifics on how the engine must be broken in. Try turning the needle valve counter clockwise, in quarter turn increments at a time to see if that helps. Opening it just far enough where you can open the throttle without it bogging out. Don't worry too much about speed because it'll eventually get faster once the engine is completely broken in.

Good luck =)
Old 05-14-2007, 12:59 PM
nitromad

ok thank for advice the manuel got no info in breaking it in so i read an few web sites on how to do it i'll try riching it up tomarrow (kids alseep now ) and see what happens it only had 5 and half tanks though it im still breaking it in im up to bit where i open it up for bit longer. also im running 16% fuel (99.95% Pure Nitromethane, 99.98% Pure Methanol, 12% Synthetic/Castor Oil Blend)

thanks
nitromad