Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:14 PM
brennyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle problems

Hi Guys . I,m new to the sport and just purchased a firestorm 10t rtr. I love it but... it is starting hard and it won't idle? When it does
start, I have to push it so it will remain running. Help, is there a form for trouble shooting this. How can I learn the basics.[]
Old 08-15-2007, 06:14 AM
shanty140

Default RE: idle problems

What i would do first is start by doing the easiest thing first, start by rasing the idle( when looking into the carb from the airfilter intake the gap at neutral should be 1-2mm. Another thing you can do if this is the same problem i had lean the low speed needle and high speed needle a 1/4 turn. After this dont do any adjustments over a 1/8 of a turn. It could be to rich becuase of your alttitude. Some more people might be able to give some more sujestions. But always start with the easiest things first. If this doesnt help come back and ask.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:56 PM
zeddfirstwizard

First off put all needles full clockwise, then turn your high speed out two turns maybe two and A half, then low speed out one turn. Now turn out the idle screw till you get about 1-2mm. Once youve done this make sure that the brake is not messin with the card idle adjustment when you apply brake it should not make the motor change at all. Now start it up. After you get it runnin take it out on A quick run bring it back and check temp. Should be above 200 but below 260. As with all nitro engines she will run better and harder lean. If you got it runnin good and she is at maybe 210 go ahead make small adjustsments to get it up to about 235-240, but keep at least twenty degrees for A safety margin. Dont be tempted to run to lean as it will kill your motor. After you get the right temp and she will idle correctly, Adjust your low speed if nessary to get the bottom end you wan't kep an eye on temp and always always make sure to turn on your receiver before trying to start.... no need to explain. And if you look At google earth your town in cannada has no high elevation problems. The highest point in your town is 1200 ft up and thats not really enough to hurt, maybe minor adjustment but not bad. Enjoy!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:53 PM
jingrenjames

ORIGINAL: brennyboy

Hi Guys . I,m new to the sport and just purchased a firestorm 10t rtr. I love it but... it is starting hard and it won't idle? When it does
start, I have to push it so it will remain running. Help, is there a form for trouble shooting this. How can I learn the basics.[]
Hi i have the same problem as brennyboy and i just sometimes cant start the engine or it stalls just after it starts, I tried the above methods but didnt help. My hobby shop told me that the tube that you stick in your exhaust and your gas tank is leaking air. They told me that i have to get a new exhuast that has those that holds the pipe in place. Is this nessary to get it running?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:46 PM
zeddfirstwizard

No not necessary but the tube to your fuel tank pressurizes your system and makes it run a lot easier. Ive had motors that could run with out it,,, but they must be tuned perfectly. The lhs sounds trust worthy but if all your going to do is play in your back yard get A cheapo