Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

IDK

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IDK

all of my trucks are broke and i dont fell like fixing them anymore and I'm not sure but i think I might be getting out of this hobby but I'm just not shure at the moment

I may fix them later but they have been broken for a while and its a lot of work
Old 10-21-2007, 10:18 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: IDK

.....Ok..?[&:]

Whats broken?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
RCtruckRacer

I find working on my R/C's, repairing or just doing some routine upkeep, to be quite fun. Crank up some good tunes, get a cup of coffee or soda or an adult beverage depending on the time of day, and dive in. In moments I am in the zone going from one thing to the next. I find it to be very relaxing, almost zen like. Of course there's an occasional set back that can have me cursing up a storm, but for the most part I find it a lot like playing the guitar - it takes all of my concentration, a bit of skill, a bit of memory, and practice.

It's therapy for me! [8D]
Old 10-21-2007, 11:57 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too enjoy working on the cars, it wouldnt be at all fun if nothing ever broke or needed to be maintained.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:15 AM
nothinbetr2do

i to enjoy working on my r/c's. since i'm into all r/c's it never gets boring
Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 AM
calvino

I also find working on vehicles FUN, if you get discouraged, go do something else and comeback to it, that way you don't toss the thing or you can't find a part that was in front of you has you mad all afternoon... trust me, the bug will bite again, I promise
Old 10-22-2007, 01:10 AM
sheograth

RC cars/trucks really are like herpes, once you get it you've got it.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: Wisconsin Nitro

all of my trucks are broke and i dont fell like fixing them anymore and I'm not sure but i think I might be getting out of this hobby but I'm just not shure at the moment

I may fix them later but they have been broken for a while and its a lot of work

It`s part of RC , if the only reason you want to get out of the hobby is because you don`t want to fix them , then maybe that`s the right choice for you . I like building and repairing the cars/trucks and is a pat of the fun and goes with the hobby . Fix one at a time and it won`t seem like "a lot of work" .
Old 10-23-2007, 07:19 AM
C.A.R.

I enjoy it, but I will admit to becoming frustrated at times. If you find that you're spending too much time fixing/repairing, get something else to go with it, for exanple, if you have lots of offroad trucks, get a TC for fun.

Either that or, like me, put absolutely everything aside and dig them back out when you want to. I hadn't touched an RC all summer, as my career got a real break, so I've only just picked them back up. Whatever you do, don't get rid!

Chris.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 AM
DaveG55

Some people look at rc'ing as a hobby and enjoy all aspects of it including building, working on and maintaining them.

Some people look at rc's as toys and, much like small children, get bored and frustrated when something breaks.

I'd no more try to convince someone who does not enjoy the hobby to stay than I'd try to convince someone with a fear of flying to skydive.
If you don't like all aspects of the hobby then you should probably find something that you do enjoy.
Nothing wrong with that, not every hobby is right for every person.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes, you need to take a break. I've been in the r/c hobby since I got a Tamiya Frog at the age of 8--I'm now 30. But, there have been times where I didn't touch a car, plane, etc for a year. Spend too much time doing something, and it can become like work. If you walk away for a while and concentrate on/try out other things for a while, you'll come back to the hobby with a fresh view and maybe have a new interest as well. Works for me anyway...
Old 10-23-2007, 10:59 AM
performancehobbies

lol funny,,,,now that i live in florida --it seems i have to keep up with my cars every week ,,,we really start serious racing in the winter months ,,,and still race in the HOT summer,,,i used to live in chicago and when the cold comes -INTO the storage the cars go ..

so i feel you man ,,,i remember cleaning and detailing my rides and storing my engines ,and then about spring gettin all in a hurry to get them running...but now its like it will never end...wierd..

like anything if you put it down for awhile and sleep on it ,,,,it will crawl its way back into your soul...

rctruckracer is right to say its like playing guitar ,,,i get bored with the same old tunes,,then i learn a new one and im back wasting time playing again...,,,ive also learned that denatured alchohol,,helps me with a good compressor,,,that really helps --i hate going home at night looking like a mechanic,with oily hands ...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Grits

If frustration gets you to cussin just put a little jar up and every time you cuss, drop in a quarter. Might help stop the cussin and as a side benefit, you got a parts/repair fund started.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
jatoracing33

i love fixing my cars...heck send me yours and ill fix em
Old 10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Gex_61

I agree with all of the above^^^

My rc activity slows to a crawl during the summer, but now that the weather is getting nice (it doesn't snow during the winter in Bakersfield), it's all I do. Before to long, I will be changing my backyard track every other week.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Xtfreak

I find working on my R/C's, repairing or just doing some routine upkeep, to be quite fun. Crank up some good tunes, get a cup of coffee or soda or an adult beverage depending on the time of day, and dive in. In moments I am in the zone going from one thing to the next. I find it to be very relaxing, almost zen like. Of course there's an occasional set back that can have me cursing up a storm, but for the most part I find it a lot like playing the guitar - it takes all of my concentration, a bit of skill, a bit of memory, and practice.

It's therapy for me!
You forgot the money part
Old 10-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Xtfreak

If you dont want them sell them or send some over here
Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM
cen123

?????? Don't even think about it. You've offended me!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

its mostly just money i don't have for parts, my friend isn't into it anymore so I'm alone when i drive which is boaring, and as I mentioned before its ALLOT of work and I worded it wrong i dont like doing it anymore i just don't like doing it at the moment but I may still get back into it when the electric indoor carpet season starts

maybe that will kick my back into gear[8D]
Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
cen123

ts mostly just money i don't have for parts, my friend isn't into it anymore so I'm alone when i drive which is boaring, and as I mentioned before its ALLOT of work and I worded it wrong i dont like doing it anymore i just don't like doing it at the moment but I may still get back into it when the electric indoor carpet season starts

maybe that will kick my back into gear
[]
Old 10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
cheech4

i get that way too, sometimes for a few months all i do every day almost is race or bash my RC.. then i get those time i just look at them on the shelves and not touch them sometimes for weeks on in sometimes months. sometimes i sell some things and sometimes i dont, but i never sell my shelf queens. lol
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
So Cal

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

It's therapy for me! [8D]
I agree 110%!!! Working on my cars is like pie. Tasts awseome but isnt cheap.