Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!..... >

1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!.....

Originally posted by CaseyDDR
my dad had a stock (no twin turbo) 1992 stealth.. I jus loved the body style of them, way above there time in my opinion! How much, it just depends how much is given to me for graduation, and who knows, I am supposed to go to California late June for a graduation present from father, maybe I could check it out. But i wouldnt count on it as my parents are very greedy lol! I'm more of a looks driver though, i want something so nice on the outside with a reliable engine. Don't care so much bout speed. unelss its RC of course i want all the speed i can get outta these things (jus keeping it ontopic)
yeah, it wouldn't be cheap, I'm looking for $8000 for it.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:42 PM
My Feedback: (6)

I actually plugged the outlet for the factory gauge at the intake manifold, and ran a pressure line to the interior to a snap on pressure gauge, and as I recall it was like 14.7PSI when the wastegate was opening.....I am almost positive the gauge was accurate, the guy who helped me do it is a 25 year master mechanic and had quite a bit of expirence with the SVO ford mustangs, pretty sharp guy as far as cars go. The gauges main readings were in BAR and it was hitting 1 BAR which he said was 14.7PSI.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	69981_17532.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	40871  
Old 04-11-2003, 10:00 PM

Here we go...and it only took me a hour to post it.

Name:	69984_17532.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	40872  
Old 04-12-2003, 12:24 AM

Wierd.. I somehow didnt see this post till now.. I just noticed my name in caps

I'll have to go home and scroll through this..

Btw.. I'm already working on the BMX track list
Thanks for the ***!
-ram
Old 04-12-2003, 12:34 AM

ahhahahahha, that's funny I thought you were everywhere RAM!
Old 04-12-2003, 03:20 AM

Btw.. Lets stick to R/C shall we? Dont wanna whoop out those Admin options on ya

Personally I would go back their when there are a few folks around.

I was playin with my HPI SS in a 7 floor parking garage..

A cop rolled on by and we ended up having a 30 minute discussion and I gave em some suggestions on what to buy for his son! lol

I have yet to do the following to get my buggy operational:

Pay for the radio I bought (from hong kong lol)
Then I gotta install it, and then my new (used) RB 86 pipe
Wait for the radio.. and install it

I'm lookin at about a weeks worth of a wait before I go anywhere with it.

Stealth? Vr4 GT? Nah.. I'd like a 96 supra with a twin turbo or even a 240SX with an SR20 and a good suspension kit!

OR a B20 in a CRX will do :thumbup:

On the other hand.. a Nice Dodge Ram Dualie with a moded wastegate and some light mods will actually kick some serious arse.

I know of a guy who owns an M3 (2002) and a Dualie (moded).
He says the Dualie can match or outperform the M3 in a drag strip.

Estimated 650/1000 HP/ft-lb

Anyway.. back to RC.. yeah.. right
-ram
Old 04-12-2003, 03:39 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, hopefully Ram has all of you back on track now, so I can derail the whole mess.

You keep on playing with your rice burners. My AMG 500 (German) is 23 years old, and I can still burn rubber at 100 mph, carry five people comfortably, cruise at 135 if the cops let me, and impress the h*** out of the Jonses.

And I expect it to run the same way for another 20 years or so. How much Jap stuff that's 23 years old is still in daily service?

Bill.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:16 AM

AMG 500 is a pretty cool car....I dont know of any 20 year old Asian performance cars....maybe in 10 years well see what survived the early 90's LOL But the Germans have always made good cars! I meant RC cars!
Old 04-12-2003, 06:46 AM
My Feedback: (13)

RAm those cars have nothing on the style of a GT NOTHING!! most beautiful car ever IMO uinder 100G's that is... anyways RC... uhh my friend taht taught me how to play DDR has a RC10GT he races.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:47 AM

I think the Gt is way to aggressive. IF you want real styling look at the ferraris. Pure science in an artistic form.

OR if you feel adventurous, take a look at the Lamborghinis. THAT is art

The street cars are more for "Go" than show.. none of them especially look that good. Gotta admit though I've seen a few VERY sweet looking Acura RSXs recently. But I'm all about the Limited slip rear wheel drive

ram
Old 04-12-2003, 09:29 PM

But the GO part is the FUN part, and besides 40K was a stretch for me, I could never drop 150K on a new Ferrari 360 Modena!
Old 04-13-2003, 10:06 PM

I just got back from the park where the BMX track is now, and someday R/C track...and guess what? The Aurora city planners thought the 6 softball fields next to the BMX track wasn't enough so they built 2 more next to the track...Fine by me- except on the weekend, 300 softball players show up and the parking lot that holds 100 is full- so the only place to park is in the neighborhoods almost a mile away! If you can find a space that you wont get a ticket. That or you can be a total idiot like all the Yuppie trash in Aurora and park your $50,000.00 SUV in the grass, in Handicapped spaces, in the dirt, and the undeveloped construction areas...I can see simply by the size of the land that is left and available, there isn't enough parking for the facility if you paved every last piece of land left AND DELETED the RC track. I have a feeling Casey that the Lady we both talked to at the city was trying to be nice and not say "it may never happen". I hate to be down on it but I am a realist and unless they bus people in or build a trolley to take people in it ain't going to happen. I hope I am wrong. It isn't even summer yet this is April 13, and it is a HUGE problem.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:20 PM
My Feedback: (2)

damn since that kid ratted you out to the fuzz maybe you should rat out the people parking on the grass.
we have some parks here and if your on the grass, your prolly gonna get towed or a ticket at the least.

maybe that will make them get rid of a softball field and build another parking lot.

im thinking you guys should just abandom that place and find a nice place where you can park close(i work out of the back of my suv) and wont be bothered by kids/cops.

im sure it wont be easy but there has to be a better place for you guys.

i feel bad cause we have 2 (that i know of) great places to drive out rigs.
the first one is an old early 1900's military airport that was converted into a rec area. it has like 8 soccer fields 4 baseball fields and the remains of a roller hockey rink.
the only thing left of the hockey rink is the smooth suface and painted lines on it. great for running on-road cars.
near that is gras fields you can open a buggy up on ....a huge dirt hill (i thin kthe dirt is there cause they had no where else to put it) and plenty of parking.

the second is a gov't park with a place specifically for r/c airplanes and plenty of room to run off road cars. in the same park you can go to the other side to get away from the plane guys (they aer picky about interference) and again grass...on-road....loose dirt...and plenty of parking.

i hope you guys can find somewhere else to drive with out problems liek youve spoke of.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:29 PM

I am going to build my own I have decided. Just going to have to get my arse in gear and get it done. Maybe this week, I am going to buy one of those big landscaping rakes that are like 3 feet wide and just clean a area and build some jumps and a little course to run. It really is just a matter of doing it, I have lived in Aurora my whole life almost so I know where there is some greenbelt areas that will never be developed and nobody to complain.....hopefully.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:39 AM
My Feedback: (5)

are you sure, the cops my try and arrest you again lol
Old 04-14-2003, 01:07 AM

You never know! By law they can- but I will see just how remote I can make the track....perhaps they wouldnt have enough calories after all those Crispy creams to hike in. LOL

Name:	70474_17532.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	40873  
Old 04-14-2003, 01:09 AM
My Feedback: (5)

ya I know of some pretty remote areas living in Iowa my whole life lol.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:45 AM

One hundred and seventeen replies and over one thousand six hundred views! This thread has turned out to be more of a buggy knowledge thread, worked out good since there isn't a buggy forum.

Name:	70473_17532.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	40874  
Old 04-14-2003, 01:55 AM

in the greenbelt? isnt that gov't eco-[reserve property?

wouldnt the tree huggers get even more mad than the grounds keepers at the bmx track?
Old 04-14-2003, 01:55 AM
My Feedback: (13)

I think packfan's ofna thread is killin this though todd
Old 04-14-2003, 01:59 AM

yeah but i had nothing to do with it

i asked a simple question and came back to a many page arguement about the tmaxx and savage

lol
Old 04-14-2003, 02:04 AM

I wanted to let everyone know I started on page 1 and added a photo to each post, I am going to post my best pictures of my RC cars, as I have time.

No the greenbelts are just areas they have decided to leave undeveloped to have more open space. Granted yes, some are wildlife refuge or wetland preservation, but others are simply HUGE zoned, some private land, some city, but undeveloped. All the streets and sidewalks, sewers, and electric/cable/utilities are run. Some areas like the city property are never going to be developed as part of the cities open-space policy's. Which works great with my idea of a NITRO BUGGY TRACK! How nice of them....No, I wont use any of the plots they may have been considered "protected" but those are really the exception, most land here isnt protected, most is dry sand and clay, Colorado is the HIGH desert!

Name:	70498_17532.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	40875  
Old 04-21-2003, 12:46 AM

I have been working on a buggy track since there isnt one anywhere in the metro area I know of. The track is about 3/4 done. The shape is a triangle, and I used the natural slope of the ground to create a berm on one corner. I have dug a table-top and got the dirt from the center of the jump, so its kinda a do or die jump. I am going to try and finish it tommarrow and take some pictures. If you live in Denver, Colorado or close and want to run a buggy on the track PM me and I will give you directions. There arent any fences or sighns and a paved road which is seldome used goes right past the track, so access is easy, and gives you a clean place to work on your buggys. The dirt is perfect, and room for expansion at the moment anyhow, is farther than you could see. With just myself working the land its plenty big enough now and I dont want it to get too big, because a major change of the landscape could also be the end of it. It really doesnt take alot of huge jumps to make a good buggy track anyways. I will post a picture later.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:27 PM

Do a lot of people use "denatured alcohol" to clean their vehicles? Where do you get it and is it expensive?

I just ordered an OFNA MBX Pro RTR w/ .25. It is on back order - so I should get begining of May. I have a T-Maxx and a TC3 and a couple of Traxxas bandits that have been converted to stadium trucks.

Want to take the OFNA to local BMX track when it comes in.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:28 PM

Yea, it is the most common cleaner and the best I have found. I buy it a gallon at a time from any hardware or building supply company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.