Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Salemanship..

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Salemanship..

i really dont thinks its about the particular truck, more that he was pushing one and ignoring the other. and i feel that all hobbyshops are pretty poor really, except one the i used to go to, he was a legend, he even shut the shop for me one time and took me out the back to teach me how to tune a car, free of charge. ( i know thats completely irrelevant but i really liked the guy lol)
Old 01-22-2008, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: adam-69

i really dont thinks its about the particular truck, more that he was pushing one and ignoring the other. and i feel that all hobbyshops are pretty poor really, except one the i used to go to, he was a legend, he even shut the shop for me one time and took me out the back to teach me how to tune a car, free of charge. ( i know thats completely irrelevant but i really liked the guy lol)
Yep, you have it. There are several different places in my posts where it's obvious that it's not about the vehicles, rather the presentation. I wonder had I left brand names out of the whole inquiry, if there would be some of the childish non-thought out replies. Probably so, it's the nature of the internet. They must have missed out on my mention of several other vehicles and brands that didn't even get a mention, and should have.

I based what I said about the durability of a vehicle from what I've read on the net, yes. But read in NUMEROUS different places, from many different people- many of which own that truck. Researching things is always useful, if you have the ability to filter out the complaints of people who obviously aren't telling you the whole story.

Little bit of info: When I bought the truck I own (Sav) I researched many vehicle options. Narrowed it down to the Traxxas and HPI trucks (Price, in store parts availability etc). Went into the Hobby Shop and asked to see both of them side by side. I fiddled around with them, looked at the layouts, and opted for the Savage. It offered more of what I was looking for. Didn't care if it was harder to work on- Not my first R/C. Didn't care if it had reverse.. Personally don't want/need it. Didn't give a crap about the wheelie bar.. just saw is at one more thing to break, or to have to take off. Didn't care for the electric start, but if it was there at least it was an off board system, rather than on board. (Moot point now even more so now that it has a pull start on it. Less crap to take with me when I go run). If I could go out and buy a T-maxx for myself to run the snot out of, I would. I eyeballed a Rustler VXL for a good while (in fact was looking at it while listening to the conversation I brought up).. If I was independently wealthy I'd own one of every companies vehicle just for fun- because they all offer something that I could have fun with. I didn't get a sales pitch from the guy behind the counter because when he asked if I had owned R/c vehicles before and I replied "yep", he left me alone and let me run my fingers over both trucks to my hearts content.

Is the truck I have perfect? Nope. It's got a poor gas tank design that leads to leaning issues when the tank is half full (Half Tank Lean). The OWB on the for the roto start back plate has issues with slipping (in my case at less than a gallon of fuel) Some folks have had it slip from the get go, and had to send the engine back under warranty claims. The throttle/brake linkage is a little on the hokey side, and the servos are weak. The engine mount on mine cracked the first time I drove it hard and had a nasty roll over.. Don't care about any of it because it's easy to fix with modifications, or just plain easy to fix when it breaks- much the same with other vehicles (amazing no?)

I guess what I should take away from this is that I'd either do well as a sales guy, or badly depending on the business practice where I worked. Besides, I left the store happy because I bought a new plane.. haven't flown one in years and I forgot what a blast it is.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of these guys never read your first post. It's obvious that you aren't complaining about not pushing the Savage. I think I would have stepped in politely and helped the customer and even explained the other trucks and what ever else they needed. The owners of my LHS push Traxxas all the time, and its not the fact that its Traxxas its just they don't help with another car. All they know about is Rustlers and T-Maxx's.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:17 PM

we can read just fine

so is the salesperson supposed to say, yeah and it breaks bulkheads if you look at if funny

the salespeople at the Cadillac dealer won't tell you the the resale value on a Caddy drops faster than a brick in a vacuum, does that make them bad people?

for all anyone here knows, that salesperson may get some cash for each traxxas they sell and not get a dime for moving an HPI product
Old 01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
MT

Every person is entitled to their own opinion, including a Salesperson.
I take care of my customers, so they sell more of my product. And by "take care of" I do not mean take them to more baseball games and lunches; I mean parts, service, availability, etc. If my customers like my product, and feel good selling it, then they sell more of it, and we all do better.
It happens everyday.