Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How do you support your habit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:48 PM
redraze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you support your habit?

I hire myself out to people who need problems taken care of...you know..ex's..people who owe money to people...

Hahaha... not really. My job sux, I'm a forklift driver in a food warehouse (boston pizza orders from us)
Old 02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
03accordguy

i work in production at Gallo Glass Co. (yes the same thing as gallo winery and gallo family wines just not having anything to do with alcohol, just the making of the bottles and cases....lol) while attending school to get a degree in administration of justice to someday soon become a police officer. dont spend too much on rc stuff unless i work some overtime and have my bills paid for the month so i try my hardest not to break anything when i run it (by the way i run an HPI Hellfire)
Old 02-25-2008, 10:22 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmm thats cool, are you in Napa? I've always found glass production to be interesting.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:26 PM
walkingcarpet900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i get paid 15 bucks a week
to let the dogs out each day and put them in each night
5 bucks per car washed
and 3 bucks per floor that i vacuum
then since i go to my dads house once in like a month
he gets excited and gives me cash (usualy 20)
Old 02-25-2008, 10:34 PM
richmosk0324

I am a labor lawyer in Connecticut, I've was in the hobby 16 or so years ago (Tamiya Frog), now about a year ago, back in with a vengence (lst2, mlst2, t-maxx, mini frog, trinity next, b44, gv2, tc3, rc18mt, and a clod buster), been expensive year so far. The time I spend not at work or playing with my stuff, I spend hiding it all from my wife....

Rich
Old 02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
associatedrules

I am a tech support supervisor for a nation wide fire/burglar alarm company in their corporate office. It pays very well for just sitting most of the day, and answering very stupid questions. If it wasn't for dumb people I wouldn't have a job!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:08 PM
RC 01 KID

I go to school full time and work as a lunch lady in the dorms for 20-30 hours a week. I have a lot of hobbies so only a portion of my checks get to go to my 2 RCs, that is after the bills are paid.[:'(]
Old 02-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Anomie

Engineering technician operating two government research facilities for the last eight years. I would say it 'almost' pays for my hobbies
Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
ezbme2003

Was first into RC back in the early/mid 80's & am recently back into it! I am a business owner, buy & sell almost anything - most sales online. Was a graphic designer/photographer for many years prior but got sick & tired of working for someone... Now I work at home, make money, & can make my own schedule which makes my partner/girlfriend & I very happy! More time to PLAY! (and she lets me buy toys!)
Old 02-25-2008, 11:31 PM
TheTruckingGuru

I collect disability. I suffered from "stress" while working for the government so I sued and now I collect a fat retirement for doing nothing. Life is good. I also get payed for protesting at events and handing out material for the green party, communist party, and the democratic party. The events pay well for me to cause a scene (burning the flag, spitting at soildiers and calling them murderes, chaining myself to others forming a circle, etc.) and they are fun. I like to think the work I do matters, that it makes a differance in changing young minds. I found that education and hard work will make you stressed and unhappy. The key to happiness is to get an government union job and do as little work as possible just enough to keep your job. Or do as I and fiegn injury or discrimation and sue em Thats cool that the rest of you guys work, I appretiate the taxes and products you guys provide for me. People with jobs are the real heros. Thank you and keep up the good work[8D]

Old 02-25-2008, 11:33 PM
hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: riverat1540
Just joking i work for an excavating company which pays decent and it has it perks like awsome places to run my cars.
How often do you spend the last 5 minutes of a Friday making some sweet jumps for the weekend? I know I would be
Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Pathous
My Feedback: (12)

I work at a hobby shop. The money isn't great but I enjoy the work. I get to work on others cars and heli's.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
TheTruckingGuru

ORIGINAL: Pathous

I work at a hobby shop. The money isn't great but I enjoy the work. I get to work on others cars and heli's.
Do you work at DDM? That place is awesome. Thought I would mention my post was a joke I thought maybe it would get some laughs.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Pathous
My Feedback: (12)

No I work at Frequency RC.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:05 AM
ezbme2003

Thought I would mention my post was a joke I thought maybe it would get some laughs.
I was gonna say that the disability claim MUST be fraudulant if you are out protesting & being THAT active!!! [sm=72_72.gif][sm=50_50.gif]
Old 02-26-2008, 12:13 AM
associatedrules

ORIGINAL: TheTruckingGuru

ORIGINAL: Pathous

Do you work at DDM? That place is awesome. Thought I would mention my post was a joke I thought maybe it would get some laughs.
I was hoping it was, but still no lol's for you.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:54 AM
baboso
Banned

Im a computer tech repair/programmer and now I want to become a chef
Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Beasley1

Vinyl Graphics or make decals/ stickers. Love doing it!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:00 AM
carmadmatt

I support my habit with my pocket money :P. I have no job yet being only 15

Matt
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
J.D.T

I am an insurance professional but about half my rc stuff has come from working construction on the side for a buddy that flips houses.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:13 PM
grimespdx

Im a full time student at the University of Oregon. I support my habit by tax returns and the extra money i have from my student loans. Cant wait for the summer when I will actually have some money to spend on my trucks.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
hkenvy91

when i was younger ,around 14-15 i wanted to get into rc's! there was a local indoor carpet oval in a wharehouse, that alot of rc10's raced at. me and dad went down to check them out but dad said it was too expensive, soo.....at 35 now and a dad myself i decided to pick up a hyper8 rtr to play with at my buds house while comsuming some sudds that was almost a year ago , now im on my 3rd vehicle and all i do is race! oh me and my dad run a drywall company and my side money from small jobs i get from posting on craigslist! i made out pretty good this summer on side work and the best part is uncle sam doesnt get any of that
Old 02-26-2008, 04:12 PM
rcnitrofreek
My Feedback: (34)

i am a SGT k-9 officer at the jail house!!!!!! somthing differnt everyday?? pays good and benifits.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this winter i made some biz cards for shoveling roofs off, so far iv made $1,000 and it only took me 9 hours total!
so i bought a used wheely king, a micro d/t(which i traded for a mini lst) a bought a wind hobby ferret, a tt01 roller and many misc upgrade parts.
and iv also almost paid off my xbox 360!
not bad for 9 hours work
Old 02-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

I'm a production technician at Richardson Electronics. I put together a lot of different high power electronic stuff. I've worked on what I consider to some of the biggest ESCs in the world. Huge units with big, copper heatsinks. A complete unit weights in at about 1,000 lbs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.