Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI RS4 MT Help???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:47 AM
schaubers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI RS4 MT Help???

I am looking to enter the hobby of electric RC. I just purchased an electric HPI RS4 MT, I haven't received it yet, but should in a few days. The purpose of the truck will be to run around the yard, minimal jumping, mainly off-road with some on-road. I am looking to see what I need to make this truck a good running truck. What batteries are recommended and why? What engine is recommended and why? Also, I am having a hard time finding any links about this truck, is it not popular or rare? Am I going to have a hard time finding parts? I have seen a HPI nitro MT2, will those parts fit my truck?

Also, What does the RS4 stand for?

Also, are there any books/magazines I could get to help me enter the hobby of RC trucking. I am seeking to have general knowledge of the hobby, so I can teach my son about it when he is old enough.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-12-2008, 05:54 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: HPI RS4 MT Help???

I also recently picked one up, mine is a basket case more or less. I found this thread to have some good info: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5319522/tm.htm
and a little here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_54..._1/key_/tm.htm
tower has a few parts: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4+mt&search=Go
but a lot of that is for the nitro versions, I have no idea what may or may not fit, still figuring it out for myself as well.
If you find any good parts sources post back
thanks

oh, and the instructions from hpi: http://www.hpiracing.com/instructions/instr-emt.htm
Old 09-01-2008, 07:26 PM
muddyninja1

Default RE: HPI RS4 MT Help???

guys i have both the electric rs4 mt, and the nitro mt2. parts are not interchangable. both are great trucks. on your elect.mt you need to replace the bushings with a set of bearings. pull out the dog bones and put in a set of MIP shinney CVD's. there is a small space on the back of the chassis where you can see the belt right under the shock tower, i recommend taking any kind of plastic sheeting and cut it to fit the hole. use two sided tape to attach to truck to cover the hole to prevent any pebbles or debris from entering the housing. trust me you don't want to be replacing the belts all of the time. it can get expensive. upgrade the shocks. i don't think hpi makes parts for this truck any more. try ebay. hpi made a really nice set of replacment aluminum body shocks for the mt. nice. as far as batteries go, it depends on other things. brushless motor? then lipos. brushed motor, then the largest batteries you can afford will give you longer run times.
Old 02-09-2024, 05:31 PM
JanusAtTheGate

Default Brushless RS4-MT

My next project is to modify my 25 year old RS4-MT to brushless. Nothing crazy. Planning on running mostly 2s and sometimes 3s. Just wondering what motor to start with. I have a Castle 4 something that seems like it would be ok. What kv would you recommend? I really don't want to break stuff since it is hard to find! It will only be for fun