Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Mystery brand chargers

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 05:52 AM
whiteshark107

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery brand chargers

Was just wondering if anyone here has used or owned this type of battery charger before. Would like some feed back before I buy one. Looking to charge Receiver hump packs, 7.2v stick batteries, and Lipo. Thanks for any info in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mystery-B6-LI-PO...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-23-2008, 05:54 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Mystery brand chargers

For $45 it's screaming "cheap junk".
Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 AM
happywing

I bought a big box of stuff that had one of these chargers in it. I was planning on selling everything in the box, but ended up keeping the charger. It seems to work great.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 AM
andrewtexas123

Do NOT get mystery items I tested one of there lipos and while charging it puffed up REAL big!

Andrew
Old 08-24-2008, 07:31 PM
remcl1
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: andrewtexas123

Do NOT get mystery items I tested one of there lipos and while charging it puffed up REAL big!

Andrew

I have had great luck with mystery batteries.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

For $45 it's screaming "cheap junk".
I agree, most likely a horridly built chinese POS that the owner thought was going to be a really great deal but probably ruined too many of his batts.

I say AVOID IT, unless you are willing to take the risk.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Fliedaway

Does anyone know how the usb port works on the mystery charger I have hooked it up to my computer and I get a message saying "unknown device detected" do I need some special software? I have downloaded a datalogging program from germany for free but this did not help me the mystery charger was not listed and really is a mystery any help from anyone is most welcome
Old 03-18-2009, 10:17 PM
cobrajocky

I've had one of these Mystery "B6" multi battery type digital charger / dischargers for almost a year now and you can ignore the bad mouthing of the sad sacks above who probably never used, let alone ever saw one. The same goes for Mystery LiPO's; I've got many 3S from 1300mAh to their newest 2800mAh 30C (35C for 15seconds) Mystery batts and never had a puff or one that was appreciably below stated specs. I have two Orange 2200mAh 25C 3S that are just rebranded Zippy H models (cut away the outer shrink wrap). My two 1500mAh 20C's are Zippy's too.

But to your question, I've never found the mysterious (pun intended) software or interface that the USB I/O is intended to use. Software and some drivers are certainly needed to make it work.

If anyone hears of any, please post the link here.

And BTW for the nay sayers, THIS is exactly the same charger as many you see on sites with well known brands who charge nearly three times what I paid for it from HK - $39.95 + $5 shipping. Some examples EXACTLY the same - Hobby City's "Accucell-6", Hitec's "Multicharger LN-5014", Global Hobby "Prodigy II Propeak" just reboxed, and here's a killer - "iC6 LiPlus Intelligent Digital Balance Charger" again just reboxed, at Hobby Lobby for a modest $75.90 with all the same plugs and accessories mine came with for $39.95! So much for the smarty pants experts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62905.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1160908