Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Is it even possible

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:49 PM
all in
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it even possible

I like the new trucks like the SC8 and the Slayer. Anybody no if it is possible to convert a truggy to this style of truck. I figure the SC8 uses 17mm wheels so I could use those wheels and tires.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is it even possible

Change the wheels/tires, shorten the arms, adjust the suspension, get a new body. That's pretty much all there is to it, these are all based off of buggies and such anyway. Everyone is going gaga over the slash and slayer but its really just a new "style"
more than a new truck. If you want a real scale trophy truck check out the Thundertech one, if it ever comes out.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:04 PM
zjwhitrock

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Change the wheels/tires, shorten the arms, adjust the suspension, get a new body. That's pretty much all there is to it, these are all based off of buggies and such anyway. Everyone is going gaga over the slash and slayer but its really just a new "style"
more than a new truck. If you want a real scale trophy truck check out the Thundertech one, if it ever comes out.
if......
Old 10-13-2008, 12:38 AM
dacaur

definitely possible... basically all you need is to find a body that covers the tires, and something to keep it from folding in between the tires... one of the best aspects of the slash/slayer is that you can actually make contact with another vehicle side to side, and your wheels dont tangle and cause you both to crash...
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
9five9

There are a lot of people converting 1/8 buggies to trophy trucks. I've even been seeing people lengthening pedes and rusty's putting a thick piece of plexi-glass between the tranny and chassis tub, then drilling new holes to attach the skid plate braces to the tub. They work pretty good and look just like a slash.