Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

just a quick tip

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:38 PM
ziiaad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a quick tip

i have a traxxas slash and when i take places i dont feel like hauling around my big bulky toolbox in case somethin goes wrong or i need a body clip or somethin and since i only use the tools that came with it cause they work very nicely i found an old altoid can and all of the tools and body clips/washers that came with it fit very nicely so i can just slip it in my pocket and no big bulky toolbox i hope this helps you can also use it for glow plugs, extra screws, wheel nuts, etc just post your ideas if have any more uses for this
Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: just a quick tip

That's a good tip. Altoid cans seem like they'd be great for that sort of stuff.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take diabetes pills and they come in a pretty big precription bottle,
Ive kept quiet a few for screws & small stuff.. I keep my metric & standard screws seperate (pretty handy)
Old 01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
ziiaad

thanks! and they make your tools smell minty fresh
Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Chatty Matty

Ah, great memories of the Altiods tin...When I was a kid in the early 80's, my grandpa used to chew Altiods like nobody's business (back then they were rather rare). And he would drop his pocket change in the empty tin, and every time he came to see us he would bring a tin of "Altiods" with exactly $10 in random change and a custom crafted lid he would make out all kinds of things, like one had his picture and said "Grandpa Jerry's Famous Cough Drops". Some of my fondest memories as a child are the anticipation of waiting to see what new and creative lid design he would come up with, and religiously counting the change to see if i could catch him in a mistake (i never did!). In hindsight, I see of course that $10 in coins is a cheap investment for 30 minutes of 'child preoccupied-adult talk', but just the same, I'm gettin' all misty just thinkin about it now...RIP Grandpa Jerry, I still have all the tins you made and my dad now carries on the same tradition you started all those years ago with his grandkids...
Old 01-31-2009, 11:48 AM
ziiaad

they can also be used for rubber bands and zip ties
Old 01-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Chris_RC

For what I bring, there is no way that I could fit all my stuff in 100 altiods cans. I have to use this big bulky toolbox, but it is soo worht it. You bring what you have, so you never say, "Oh man! I should of brought the ____!!!"
Old 01-31-2009, 05:55 PM
DanBP

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

For what I bring, there is no way that I could fit all my stuff in 100 altiods cans. I have to use this big bulky toolbox, but it is soo worht it. You bring what you have, so you never say, "Oh man! I should of brought the ____!!!"
Yup! I've done that before! I use an old canvas toolbag that I bought at a surplus store, it has little pouches on the side that hold batteries and extra glow plugs.