Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Tip of the day! (can someone make a sticky?)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tip of the day! (can someone make a sticky?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Chatty Matty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tip of the day! (can someone make a sticky?)

My tip of the day would be my on going love afair with Gorilla Glue. My latest discovery is how great it is gluing tire to rims...sticks great and with enough thumb pressure the tire will peel right off the rim, letting you reuse the rim or the tire at your need. Yes, it takes hours to dry, and since it foams as it cures you only want to brush on a mere film, but man oh man, i have never so easily been able to save both tire and rim and still have the tire stick through normal use. I haven't tried on anything but 26mm touring car rims, so maybe not so great for big honkin' truck tires, but who knows?

Also, good old fasioned Elmer's White glue is great for holdin' those pesky axle pins and hex hubs together during wheel changes...super easy to remove if you need to peel it off the steel of your alxle shafts, but grabs just enough to keep the hex there if you need, or even just the pin (RC56 is just as good).

Just my sixpence...
Old 01-30-2009, 03:26 PM
evader8

Default RE: Tip of the day! (can someone make a sticky?)

thats a good idea a tip a day, but how do u sticky?????????
Old 01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Moderators can sticky threads. If the thread proves to be valuable over time with helpful information we can consider sticking the thread in the future.

Personally, I have seen the aftermath of gorilla glued tires on trucks. Not good. The gorilla glue is insufficient at holding a bead and makes a mess.

Here's my tip from days back but still works good today. If you have two Micro-T trucks on the same frequency channel, you can swap the Tx and Rx crystals between the transmitter and receiver on one of the trucks and the trucks won't interfere with each other.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:28 PM
traxxaspede

Dale, i dont wuite understand. you mean run one with both tx crystals and one with both rx crystals? or have one with the tx crystal in the rx and the rx crastal in the tx?