Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How good are XTM .18 nitro engines?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 AM
jpilkinton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How good are XTM .18 nitro engines?

How good are these engines?
I hope they ain't too bad since I already ordered 2 of them for $49 each(new).
Has anyone ran one of these before?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:59 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How good are XTM .18 nitro engines?

it may be an sh, i know the .28 they run is an sh. Thats a pretty good price if it is
Old 02-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Cam_132

ya there good, its a SH-18 remake... they are good engines, for 50$ you cant go wrong, even if they only last a couple of gallens they are good...

Have fun with them!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: Cam_132

ya there good, its a SH-18 remake... they are good engines, for 50$ you cant go wrong, even if they only last a couple of gallens they are good...

Have fun with them!
Its not a Remake,,,it IS an SH engine......
I've been doing a lot of research on SH engines lately......
XTM is a Distributor for SH , here in the USA. The XTM versions are made with an XTM logo when the case is Sand Cast. Sometimes the Powdercoat colors are changed too, but all PARTS are Identical......
You can download I.P.B. and Manuals at SH website. You can do the Same for XTM at the XTM site. All part numbers Match......
Old 02-05-2009, 02:24 AM
jpilkinton

I was about to say the XTm and SH look the same, but bit my tongue instead. I didn't want to look like an dummy.
That is good news. HobbyPeople has them for $49 with a pullstart.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Cam_132

well bro, you got a good deal then!!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
rclynx

You won't be sorry........thats what comes with the X-cellerator and there one of the fastest out of the box ST's out there..............many many gallons of fuel have been personally poured through the XTM.18 by me. Don't go 30% without a head shim though
Old 02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

i have an xtm x-cellerator i am selling right now that has the stock .18 engine in it and it is a blast. i am getting a savage flux though and need to make room. i bought it new and have put about 1 1/2 gallons through it and it it a spunky little engine. i am selling it though because i am getting a savage flux and need to make room. it has a $70 rollcage and it is indestructible. PM me if interested.

ok, back on topic here, the xtm .18 engine has more torque, top end, and over-all power. the downside is it is a rear-exhaust engine and all of the small block himoto cars/trucks have side exhaust engines. it should be no problem with the right exhaust pipe and manifold though. also, the xtm .18 has a rotary carb, not a slide carb.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:30 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: scarletboa
ok, back on topic here, the xtm .18 engine has more torque, top end, and over-all power. the downside is it is a rear-exhaust engine and all of the small block himoto cars/trucks have side exhaust engines. it should be no problem with the right exhaust pipe and manifold though. also, the xtm .18 has a rotary carb, not a slide carb.
Just got them in today and after looking over them, the casting is identicle. I can get headers for rear exhaust pretty cheap on tower. I use the AE NTC3 headers. I can switch the carbs around and put a slide carb from my SH18. I like the design of the cooling heads.
This was definitely a good deal.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12493.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1132738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73737.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1132739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87065.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1132740  
Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 AM
rclynx

Its not a Remake,,,it IS an SH engine......
I've been doing a lot of research on SH engines lately......
XTM is a Distributor for SH , here in the USA. The XTM versions are made with an XTM logo when the case is Sand Cast. Sometimes the Powdercoat colors are changed too, but all PARTS are Identical......
You can download I.P.B. and Manuals at SH website. You can do the Same for XTM at the XTM site. All part numbers Match......
Just want to get my friends facts right and all of them are except the makers etc.

Golden Lion makes most all of the SH products and all the engines for XTM are SH engines. XTM is a product made for Global Hobby services and Global is the USA distributor for SH products. This is not intended to be any kind of dig on Rich or anyone. I live this information every day so I just wanted you all to know. SH has come a long way in the past couple of years and has upgraded there product to compete with the best and has done so. For instance the make an 8 port .21 ceramic that puts out at a pace with picco and others at about half the price. Proof is in the pudding and there on there way.................unless this economy gets them also [:@]
Old 02-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Redharris

John.....

Thanx for the Correction,,,Bro.....

And Thanks for the Information.....

I think SH has some Nice Engines......
That Ceramic Piston .21 engine that Randy got is a bit too much for Me right now.....TOooo Fast!....And 3 carb needles![X(].....Lol....
I've got my eye on the .21 long stroke with only 2 carb needles......More my Speed I think.....
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: Redharris

John.....

Thanx for the Correction,,,Bro.....
Correction? I didn't know I corrected anything. Actually, your are right. The block is sand casted. Looking at the SH and then at the XTM, the XTM block looks like it has been bead blasted and then machined. The surface of the block is not as smooth as the SH. But the actual mold of the block casting is identicle.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:17 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: Redharris
I think SH has some Nice Engines......
That Ceramic Piston .21 engine that Randy got is a bit too much for Me right now.....TOooo Fast!....And 3 carb needles![X(].....Lol....
I've got my eye on the .21 long stroke with only 2 carb needles......More my Speed I think.....
I do too. SH and Infinity are the only brands I have ever ran. And I am quite pleased with the power and price.
Randy's new .21 engine sounds like a wicked beast. Would that not wake up my MXT-2S! [sm=confused_smile.gif]
Old 02-12-2009, 07:37 AM
rclynx

I've got my eye on the .21 long stroke with only 2 carb needles
That is an excellent engine for almost any dirt type buggy or truggy, it has a very smooth power curve which is really good for intermediate class racers or novice show off bashers like me [:@] The XTM .21 is another smooth running engine, That is if its the same as the one they put in the XT2 race edition [&:] never seen one in a box yet BO Bet Eddie has about as much time as I do to get out any more [&o] Good Luck guy's

HAPPY RC'en