Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

good battery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:53 PM
killerpancake01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good battery?

I'm new to this place, and i figured id ask a question about batteries.

I would like to get a bigger, more powerful battery for my rc truck. i have a traxxas stampede with a 10 turn team orion motor, super rooster esc, and a "piranha peak power" charger, that charges at 4.5 amps that will handle 6-7 cell batteries. got any batteries in mind that will last a long time while delivering alot of power? plus im kind of on a budget so under 100 dollars preferably.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:42 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: good battery?

Any of the new 4500-5200 mah batts will do good power and runtime. Even the cheap generic ones may do nicely in a peded.
Use more cells for more power. Your peak charger may not work with them. It will probably do nimh batts, but not 8 cell batts.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
transam388

Default RE: good battery?

I have been using some Duratrax 4800 MAH 7 cell NiMH batteries and those have done very well in my Rustler. Those cost me like 55.oo per battery at a local shop. Granted you also need to make sure your truck can fit those batteries in it or you may have to mod the compartment. The batteries take about one hour to charge if fully discharged but when running and doing a charge on site it only takes about 35 minutes to charge. Run time is pretty good also at about 35 to 40 minutes.

Also as was stated, the Pirannah charger should not be used to charge any battery over 7 cell.