Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Flooded Engine Question: Empty the tank?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Flooded Engine Question: Empty the tank?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Elderchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flooded Engine Question: Empty the tank?

Okay. So I got a question about my Losi 8ight-t. If I flood the engine do I disconnect the fuel line? Or should I empty the tank completely? I know to remove the glow plug and turn my truck upside down and use the roto starter.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:18 PM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: Flooded Engine Question: Empty the tank?

Just disconnect the fuel line. Be careful though. Loop the fuel line to where the pressure line goes and connect it there so you don't have nitro spilling on everything.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:40 PM
twomanytoys

You dont have to do aanything to the fuel tank. Just take the glow plug out, turn upside down and crank it over for a few seconds. Install plug then fire it up.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

You dont have to do aanything to the fuel tank. Just take the glow plug out, turn upside down and crank it over for a few seconds. Install plug then fire it up.
If you do that you will sometimes continue the flooded condition because the fuel can flow from the tank through the carb by gravity. I usually just pinch the fuel line to the carb before turning it over and spinning the engine.