Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tornado BB

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Tha King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado BB

My redcat tornado bb is being so dumn. One day i was driving it and and just stoped moving but still reved. I think its the spur gear because theirs this medal thing that pops up on it that allows the gears to turn the drive shaft but it fell down and i cant figure out how to get it back up and make it stay up.PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:30 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: Tornado BB

Go to the Redcat forum. You will get better help from there.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Tornado BB

Alright man, your in luck, I own a redcat tsunami. Now is your tornado a 2speed? If it is, then it sounds like it's your clutch in your transmission, is it the swing arm that engages 2nd gear? If it is, your not gonna be able to get the arm back up without disecting it, it's not worth the trouble. Just order a new one, they're really cheap. Now if you still want to run it while your waiting on parts you can, as long as 1st gear isn't stripped. All you gotta do is pull your tranny out, and pull the center drive cup out that sits inside the brake disc, you don't have to take the screws out that hold the brake shoes on so don't worry abou that. Now, there's two screws that hold the trans casing together, take them out and take it apart. You'll see the silver clutch, just super glue the arm back up into the slit that it swings out of, let it dry really well and reassemble it. And you should be good to go.....you can run it in 1st while your waiting on your new clutch, but you have to have the clutch in there to provide the spacing needed to keep the spur gears from wobbling around. ( oh, one more very important thing, when you take the center drive cup out and the brake disc comes out, there is a very small ball just behind the rear brake shoe, don't let that ball come out. If you lose it you won't have any brakes, and you'll be waitiing on parts again......