Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas Slash vs. AE SC10

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:24 PM
AMOUREDTANK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traxxas Slash vs. AE SC10

I believe that i have narrowed it down to the Traxxas Slash or the AE SC10.. any opinions on these 2 trucks? The only upside I see with the SC10 is that i can build it from a kit and go straight to brushless, Any pros or cons for either would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Slash vs. AE SC10

I haven't seen an SC10 in action yet, so I can't speak for it, but I have seen Slash's break quite a bit. I know they have a reputation for being "indestructible", but I haven't seen a Slash prove that to me yet. It's probably tougher than an SC10 though, since the SC10's going to be more of a race bred truck.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 63 Likes on 59 Posts

iv got 2 friends with SC10's and 1 with a slash. so far ill iv been able to tell performance wise isthe SC10 runs circles around the slash. and the SC10 looks a lot more like the real trucks.
the way i figure it right now. if your a driver that likes to point your truckin ruffly the right direction, stab the throttle and hope for the best. you would be better off with a slash. at times it seems like that truck is only good for taking a hit. it needs some seriousadjustments out of the box to make the handling decent.
if your morecalculated, and have decent driving skill, the SC10 might be more up your ally. you can drive it to the limit and give the elusion of danger with out actually making it take a hit. and it looks just awesome doing it
durability wise, no one has broken anything yet so idk
Old 05-28-2009, 04:08 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having used both a lot I prefer the SC10
Old 05-28-2009, 04:27 PM
scoobs92

i have a slash and ive done everything to it including taking it off a 5 foot drop and not breaking a thing its a good truck to run i recommend getting a new motor on it and some better shocks other than that its a good rc
Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are a pure basher and just beat the absolute snot out of your RC cars or are a beginner get the slash.   

If you are more concerned with handling and overall engineered package get the SC10.  

Cliffs notes - Slash is more durable but the SC10 performs better.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:28 PM
AMOUREDTANK

Ok i believe I am goin to pick up the AE SC10 kit tomorrow