Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help Asap

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 09:12 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Asap

how do you kill the engine (turn it off) please help asap I want to go back outside
Old 06-27-2003, 09:51 PM
dg2b

Default Help Asap

Pinch the fuel line or cover the stinger.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:12 PM
RcFlyer06
My Feedback: (4)

Default Help Asap

What he said above, may I suggest plugging the pipe though because depriving the engine of fuel also means you deprive it of the lubricant oils and thats not good for the engine. Good luck and happy running
Old 06-28-2003, 10:10 PM
dan1220

Default Help Asap

Originally posted by RC FREEK
What he said above, may I suggest plugging the pipe though because depriving the engine of fuel also means you deprive it of the lubricant oils and thats not good for the engine. Good luck and happy running
So how do you turn it off? also, the book says to let the engine idle, then turn the throttle trim all the way down. but it didnt work the first time I tried it. I will try it again later.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:17 PM
RcFlyer06

Default Help Asap

LOL, Ok listen closely, look at the car see the exhaust exit? Cover it completely untill the engine stops. If you trim all the way down it won't work because your car is set so that even with throttle trimm all the way down it will idle.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:20 PM
dan1220

Default Help Asap

okay, I get it now, but I have another question off topic: when I go to start the engine, the throttle trim has to be on the right spot. It mever starts right away, I have to play around with the trim. Is there a way to stop that, and start it the first time?
Old 06-28-2003, 10:30 PM
RcFlyer06

Default Help Asap

Yes but it's really a sense of feel, (dude you need AIM or yahoo messenging so we can chat) if I'm right you have a two needle carb(ironically there's really three adjustment screws) You should have the master needle(on top) the mid range(on the side) and the idle adjustment(on the bottom). my suggestion is put everything to factory, warm up the engine, tune to your likings, and go from there. Mess with the idle adjustment in SMALL increments. You just have to feel it out, there's numerous things that'll affect start and performance. In a sense tuning is never done because conditions are always different.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:38 PM
dan1220

Default Help Asap

check your PM!!
Old 06-29-2003, 01:20 AM
mailman

Default Help Asap

It's not a good idea to plug the stinger on the pipe, it floods the engine of fuel and may cause damage to the engine. Instead find some thing to press into the flywheel to stop the engine or pinch the fuel line, most manufacturers will say to pinch the fuel line.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:22 AM
RcFlyer06

Default Help Asap

Yer engine can take some flooding, better then pinching the feul line, and if you use a bump start you don't wanna grind the fly wheel you'll where down the grooves and it won't be able to grip the starter wheel
Old 06-29-2003, 02:04 AM
mailman

Default Help Asap

your not grinding to fly wheel i just take the handle of my needle nose to stop it has got a soft handle on them. if your engine is tuned correctly if will only run for about 3 to 5 seconds before the engine stops and that is no worse than running is out of fuel.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:11 AM
jeballer

Default Help Asap

i was reading a rc car action mag and thay said to pinch the fuel line
Old 06-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Concoursetegra

Default Help Asap

alright, there are a few ways i learned over the one year i have been with gas. First is cover the stinger, good at some points but if you dont feel like getting ur fingers burned dont do it. you cant cover a stinger also on a runaway if you caught it, exhaust is hella hot. THat can also, some say, bend the connecting rod. Then there is Pinching the fuel line, may run the engine lean for 4 seconds but it wont cause to much damage, there is still oil left in it after it is burned, why else would some oil leak out of the exhaust then. Then there is pushing on the fly wheel to slow it down and stop the engine. Some might not want to do that in fear for their fingers, and you might not always have something around to stop it. Then there is putting ur finger over the air filter. It kinda acts a choke and stops ur engine by pretty much flooding it with fuel. The last one i know of is if your car has a primer button, push the button twice and ull notice the engines idel revs really low, then it will either stall, or rev back up, but if it stays at that setting u can easily put ur finger over the stinger.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:38 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Asap

I cover the air filter
Old 06-29-2003, 08:58 PM
mailman

Default Help Asap

covering the air filter is all fine and will but beware that the dirt in the filter may be pushed into the carb causing major damage to the engine
Old 06-29-2003, 11:57 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default Help Asap

I either plug the exhaust or hit the flywheel with my finger. Never pinch the fuel line with a runaway, best thing to do with runaway is to cover the exhaust or the carb.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:45 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default Help Asap

When covering the stinger.. I DONT THINK the engine can get messed up because of too much fuel coming in.
Why? Because without the air getting out, a fresh mix cant come in! So the engine will pretty much try to recombust the old mixture.. and that wont work for long!
This way its running rich with extra oil.

Theres no way I'm stickin anything on the flywheel of my .21.. It'll burn it.. whatever it is unless its idle slooww and very rich.

I dont like messin with the air filter. Dont wanna deform it and get the dirt inside! Besides.. wtih my K&N, thats not possible.

Pinchin is a decent way. Engine wont run for long.

But if the motor is running hot already.. the temperatures can increase dramatically between the piston and sleeve because of VERY little oil/fuel.

No biggie prolly, but I think I'd rather hold down the exhaust.

Thats my take on em!
ram