Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro Or Elec & why

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Or Elec & why

Access, where in CA are you?
Old 01-22-2010, 02:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

l could be an ass and say the most advanced remote vehicle ever made is electric. So far advanced of our trucks, it can be driven over 300,000 klm away !
hahaha
my bad !
Old 01-22-2010, 03:03 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcslsafut

you want know which is better?,and your going to get ignorant about it too?
i tell you which is better THE ONE YOU DECIDE IS BETTER!!!!!!!OH YA AND WHY?
BECAUSE THATS THE ONE YOU LIKE THE BEST!!!!!!!! are you kiddin you cant ask which is better and why ?
and not get ANYTHING BUT OPPINIONS!!!!
i asked for opinions dude so what are you yelling at?

Old 01-22-2010, 03:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Play nice or I'll lock it.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: piddlefoot

l could be an ass and say the most advanced remote vehicle ever made is electric. So far advanced of our trucks, it can be driven over 300,000 klm away !
hahaha
my bad !
you talking about the mars rover that goes a whole top speed of a whoppin 1cm a second (got that figure from nasa so it should be very accurate )
Old 01-22-2010, 12:51 PM

the most advanced remote vehicle ever made is electric. So far advanced of our trucks, it can be driven over 300,000 klm away
Yes, because combustion kind of doesn't work when the atmosphere is mostly carbon dioxide.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:00 PM

The fact that the rc land speed records belong to an electric vehicle is enough for me....And yes I've owned both nitro and electric ....and converted 2 LST's over to electric so I wouldn't have to deal with constant tuning and cleaning nitro mud from my vehicles.

Steve
Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Pinolelst

The fact that the rc land speed records belong to an electric vehicle is enough for me....And yes I've owned both nitro and electric ....and converted 2 LST's over to electric so I wouldn't have to deal with constant tuning and cleaning nitro mud from my vehicles.

Steve
technicality. nic case used an aircraft bl system on i think it was like 24s (might have been 12s). that kind of voltage would make ME do 40 mph, and im not light. the only reason the nitros never really held the record is because the engines simpily cant rev that high, if one ever did it would self distruct. besides, doing 150+ mph has no use in daily rc. talk useable speed (peaking someware around 50 or 60) then that is prime nitro teritory (for under $400 and running 3+ hours streight). not to say electric isnt in that range, nitro just has more models in that range.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:27 PM

I can't beleive you guys are even bothering with this topic still.......OMG you guys must be bored LOL !!!

With that being said I race both Nitro and Electric..I like em both, but in the summer I am all nitro...besides the Nitro's are still showing the fastest laps in offroad racing...... I hope a few more electric guys show up so they can chase my inferior nitro around the track.....
Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: moron88

Steve
technicality. nic case used an aircraft bl system on i think it was like 24s (might have been 12s). that kind of voltage would make ME do 40 mph, and im not light. the only reason the nitros never really held the record is because the engines simpily cant rev that high, if one ever did it would self distruct. besides, doing 150+ mph has no use in daily rc. talk useable speed (peaking someware around 50 or 60) then that is prime nitro teritory (for under $400 and running 3+ hours streight). not to say electric isnt in that range, nitro just has more models in that range.
http://fastestrc.blogspot.com/2008/1...ph-by-nic.html it was 12s (not sure where i got 24s[&:], but it would have been alot faster on 24s).
Old 01-22-2010, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: supertib

I can't beleive you guys are even bothering with this topic still.......OMG you guys must be bored LOL !!!

yes, i am. i have nothing bettewr to do other than rewatch kyle xy.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:40 PM
My Feedback: (3)

converted 2 LST's over to electric
OK...
deal with constant tuning
Wait wat?
constant tuning
describes two trucks with SH engines
Uh, yeah...there's something wrong if you're constnatly tuning an SH engine...
and cleaning nitro mud from my vehicles.
And all of a sudden a $1 can of brake cleaner from the store is an exorbitant fee, and the 30 seconds it takes to get the goop off your truck is a nuisance?

ITT; trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls

And lazy people
Old 01-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned

Your the biggest troll in here, but its even below thunderjunkie remember, your a joker mate.Your post is pure troll......

With that being said I race both Nitro and Electric..I like em both, but in the summer I am all nitro...besides the Nitro's are still showing the fastest laps in offroad racing...... I hope a few more electric guys show up so they can <font color="#000000">chase</font> my inferior nitro around the track..... <span class="info"></span>

yea we race em too, only across a 300 metre area, rough paddock,  electric smashes nitro for speed, utterly smashes them.Not even in the same class. Truggy tracks are usually way to short to show the cars real speed.........
Old 01-22-2010, 04:55 PM

Your the biggest troll in here, but its even below thunderjunkie remember, your a joker mate.Your post is pure troll......

With that being said I race both Nitro and Electric..I like em both, but in the summer I am all nitro...besides the Nitro's are still showing the fastest laps in offroad racing...... I hope a few more electric guys show up so they can <font color=''#000000''>chase</font> my inferior nitro around the track..... <span class=''info''></span>

yea we race em too, only across a 300 metre area, rough paddock, electric smashes nitro for speed, utterly smashes them.Not even in the same class. Truggy tracks are usually way to short to show the cars real speed.........

I have a road car for 300 meter runs..... honestly I find that quite boring..... however in that case if I was doing 300 meter blasts some insane BL would be my weapon of choice...... Myself I spend most of my time on tracks and the Bl machines have rarely shown any advantages, and when it comes to finesse in the air the BL machines are nowhere near as good as the nitro's......The fastest machines on the track are the nitro's..they are lighter and IMO have a finer touch in the air.....And usually on the track surfaces we run the BL machines are far too punchy on the low end, as impressive as all that instant power is, it does you no good when your tires are spinning off the rims..... As a rule the BL machines were chasing me, not the other way around....... And in the case of Integra's 4S Tekin powered 8B my Picco powered buggy walked all over it as far as speed goes....On 5S that changes of course..... And in the case of the Truggies my modified .21's had no issue running with the 5S Truggies, of course on 6S that changes....... All in all when it comes to the track all the BL hype adds up to nothing....I do appreciate the easy care and low maintenance, but I find mastering nitro's so much more fulfilling...any idiot can build a fast BL machine, it takes real skill and talent to run the nitro's at the top levels......
Old 01-22-2010, 05:40 PM

Hey piddle if you want to sell your uber slow nitros let me low. I love super slow nitros that get smashed by electric. So if you want I will take those snails off your hands.

On another note I have drag raced my Jato against a few Electrics and some I have beat and some have beat me and then I have seen some really sick Electrics. But I prefer nitro, just have more fun with it.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM

finesse in the air the BL machines are nowhere near as good as the nitro's......The fastest machines on the track are the nitro's..they are lighter and IMO have a finer touch in the air.....And usually on the track surfaces we run the BL machines are far too punchy on the low end, as impressive as all that instant power is, it does you no good when your tires are spinning off the rims..... As a rule the BL machines were chasing me, not the other way around....... And in the case of Integra's 4S Tekin powered 8B my Picco powered buggy walked all over it as far as speed goes....On 5S that changes of course..... And in the case of the Truggies my modified .21's had no issue running with the 5S Truggies, of course on 6S that changes....... All in all when it comes to the track all the BL hype adds up to nothing....I do appreciate the easy care and low maintenance, but I find mastering nitro's so much more fulfilling...any idiot can build a fast BL machine, it takes real skill and talent to run the nitro's at the top levels......
This isn't the fault of the vehicles but the people driving them. Brushless is still pretty new at many tracks and high-power brushless/LiPo setups especially. It takes a superset of skills to race a brushless well compared to racing the nitro well. You can't just switch to the brushless and expect to do better on the track based on raw performance if you don't have those skills. Especially on an off-road course where more power typically just gets people into trouble. A lot of people are setting up their electrics like nitros, they're racing their electrics like nitros, and they end up all over the track b'cos of that. Unless you learn things like throttle discipline, walking the throttle, re-learn how to come out of a corner, how to power up the jumps and so on, you are only going to get beat by the people who already know what they are doing. Also the way you gear to race a high-power setup is different than how you geared electric in the past, lots of setups are geared too high for a given track.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Banned

Jato is pretty fast mine used to almost keep up with the top end of LIPO as well, but at the end of the day a LIPO does it easier than the jato, the jato is really at full WOT to do it, a brushless at full throdle just flips at 60 plus klm.
l dissagree with you supertib, the reponce of an electric machine is far faster than the laggy servo throdle link on a nitro, the electric's are easier in the air, more responsive, giving you more time to do what you wanna do, ie, bring nose down or up.
No you cant have my nitro's, and there not slow, there just not as fast as brushless LIPO.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:08 PM
My Feedback: (8)

i just got my stock redcat backdraft 3.5 and oh my god that ting is fast...
i love nitro's and i want a few elec. for indoors and drifting
i plan to own both each has its own pro's and con's
if i run out of fuel i cant drive till i buy more, if my batterys die i just go recharge them so im a nitro and elec. guy
Old 01-22-2010, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

ORIGINAL: rcslsafut

you want know which is better?,and your going to get ignorant about it too?
i tell you which is better THE ONE YOU DECIDE IS BETTER!!!!!!!OH YA AND WHY?
BECAUSE THATS THE ONE YOU LIKE THE BEST!!!!!!!! are you kiddin you cant ask which is better and why ?
and not get ANYTHING BUT OPPINIONS!!!!
i asked for opinions dude so what are you yelling at?

sorry ,my bad, i swear i read that you said u were NOT asking for oppinions!!!
dont know where my head was that night !!! once again i appolgize!!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 PM

Jato is pretty fast mine used to almost keep up with the top end of LIPO as well, but at the end of the day a LIPO does it easier than the jato, the jato is really at full WOT to do it, a brushless at full throdle just flips at 60 plus klm.
l dissagree with you supertib, the reponce of an electric machine is far faster than the laggy servo throdle link on a nitro, the electric's are easier in the air, more responsive, giving you more time to do what you wanna do, ie, bring nose down or up.
No you cant have my nitro's, and there not slow, there just not as fast as brushless LIPO.

sorry bro, but in the air its not even remotely close.... my nitro's are far quicker to respond with much better modulation.... The BL setups are all very laggy on response, and when they respond they do it with a very heavy hand... comparing a scalpel to a chainsaw.... sure the BL can pull better backflips, but they lack the fine touch of the biased brakes..... I have driven both many times on a track, both MM and Tekin...my nitro's are far better with far more precise air control..........Piddle you must have run absolute junk for nitro gear or had no clue how to tune and setup your gear....
Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 PM

Here is an article I found a few months back. Now granted these are not the speeds Nick Case was hitting but you can't exactly say nitros are slow when they are breaking into the 100mph range. These guys also run these cars on a regular basis at the street drags. I know cuz they work at the LHS down the street from me.

This past November 14-15 it was held at Fontana California the International Speed Challenge where Big Bernard from Miami and his crew were able to get two record runs using Maxy's modified engines and Maxy's fuel 30% fuel proving once again that Maxy's Fuel gives you the power to win here are some words from Bernard about the event:

" As you might know, we attended the 2009 ISC/USR speed challenge in Fontana, California this past November. 2 of the cars we took had Maxy's Modified Engines and were ofcourse running Maxy's Fuel. When the smoke cleared after a 2 day event, we left California with the titles of the fastest smallblock IC4WD and bigblock IC4WD in the country. The smallblock car was running a Maxy's Modified 18TZ and it pulled an impressive 89.95MPH which broke the previous record by over 12MPH. But the show of the weekend came when the bigblock car we ran made an impressive 101.46MPH pass which was backed up by a 101.39MPH which made it. official and shattered the bigblock class record by almost 25MPH and became the first nitro car to break the century mark at any official event. All results can be found in the official ISC/USR website which is www.rc-isc.com. Once again, the entire crew at CT-Motorsports as well as Jason and myself would like to thank you for all of you did in helping us prepare for this event and your tips and knowledge."

Thank you Bernard for choosing us as your power supplier and hopefuly will go even bigger next year.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 PM

Well can't blame me for asking. But if y ever get tired of them let me know. Hey by the way why do you still hold on to them?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 PM

sorry bro, but in the air its not even remotely close.... my nitro's are far quicker to respond with much better modulation.... The BL setups are all very laggy on response, and when they respond they do it with a very heavy hand... comparing a scalpel to a chainsaw.... sure the BL can pull better backflips, but they lack the fine touch of the biased brakes..... I have driven both many times on a track, both MM and Tekin...my nitro's are far better with far more precise air control..........Piddle you must have run absolute junk for nitro gear or had no clue how to tune and setup your gear....
I must agree with Supertib here. In the air nitros are much easier to control than electrics. The torque and the added weight of the electrics make it very jerky and hard to control. this is just physics now. If you argue with this, you are stupid.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:12 AM
Banned

Stupid is posting in a debate topic and not expecting a different point of view, is it not ?
^^^
Well if you want to talk about physic's buddy, brushless lipo in the air is faster for the response time, on 2.4gig radio.
On a nitro there is milli second latency between the reciever,and a milli second to the servoand a milli second through thethrodle linkage, that adds up to a few milli seconds.
With electric, its a milli second between the reciever to ESC to engine, the speed of electricity is the physic's factor here, because the electric one is all electric function, the nitro one has a mechanical link, and a mechanical servo,that link and the servo latency can never compete with the speed of electricity , and electric is faster.
lve jump these things [cars/trucks] for decades, it is far easier to correct a brushless lipo in the air [ both machines equal with no centre diff ] , and, you can correct it later in the jump , right at the end even, the trick is not being a ''lead finger'' so to speak, and being gentle.Not to mention the tricks you can do with lipo in the air.
Its more fun to jump without a centre diff.
Supertib l suspect all your jumping is done with a centre diff, in truggies, which gives the car more control in the air, and maybe why you feel the way you do about it, , l do most of my jumping in machines without the centre diff, its more of a challange, and you can do wikid things in the air, anywaysl still dissagree with you,like we seem to on a few things !

Quietnas l still keep them cause l luv em and drive em !

l say nitro in general is slow , even though there not slow machines, they are in comparison to brushless lipo, because we get dozens of drivers all show up here in a very public place on the esplanade and we all scream across the rough paddock, theres jumps here and full half pint skate bowl, contrete, and from what we see, week after week, after week, the LIPO machines are just flogging the nitro ones, everywhere.These are ordinary people, that mostly bash, only a few racers show up, which by the way recognise lipo as the way way faster machines in general.Most of them own one as well.But they all race nitro still.
So its my opinion that in general bashing, LIPO is the faster more fun machine, we see more and more of them here every month.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:47 AM

Stupid is posting in a debate topic and not expecting a different point of view, is it not ?
^^^
Well if you want to talk about physic's buddy, brushless lipo in the air is faster for the response time, on 2.4gig radio.
On a nitro there is milli second latency between the reciever, and a milli second to the servo and a milli second through the throdle linkage, that adds up to a few milli seconds.
With electric, its a milli second between the reciever to ESC to engine, the speed of electricity is the physic's factor here, because the electric one is all electric function, the nitro one has a mechanical link, and a mechanical servo, that link and the servo latency can never compete with the speed of electricity , and electric is faster.
lve jump these things [cars/trucks] for decades, it is far easier to correct a brushless lipo in the air [ both machines equal with no centre diff ] , and, you can correct it later in the jump , right at the end even, the trick is not being a ''lead finger'' so to speak, and being gentle.Not to mention the tricks you can do with lipo in the air.
Its more fun to jump without a centre diff.
Supertib l suspect all your jumping is done with a centre diff, in truggies, which gives the car more control in the air, and maybe why you feel the way you do about it, , l do most of my jumping in machines without the centre diff, its more of a challange, and you can do wikid things in the air, anyways l still dissagree with you , like we seem to on a few things !

Quietnas l still keep them cause l luv em and drive em !

l say nitro in general is slow , even though there not slow machines, they are in comparison to brushless lipo, because we get dozens of drivers all show up here in a very public place on the esplanade and we all scream across the rough paddock, theres jumps here and full half pint skate bowl, contrete, and from what we see, week after week, after week, the LIPO machines are just flogging the nitro ones, everywhere.These are ordinary people, that mostly bash, only a few racers show up, which by the way recognise lipo as the way way faster machines in general.Most of them own one as well.But they all race nitro still.
So its my opinion that in general bashing, LIPO is the faster more fun machine, we see more and more of them here every month.

dude all thr machines we run have center diffs, I wouldn't waste my time running anything without.... no center diff means no control and slow on the track......... I run Nitro and BL truggies...Nitro responds faster and more precisely in the air....there is no contest here, quit arguing because you are very very wrong...quit drinking the BL koolaid dude !! its pathetic already...denial is all I see from you.... I would love you to race me on a track with any of your machines, I would absolutely own you ! the E-Revo is a turd !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.