Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Quicktech hobby problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Quicktech hobby problems

Has anyone had any problems ordering from http://www.quicktechhobby.com/? I ordered some parts for a Mugen MTX2 like over a month ago, have not received parts and no one will return my emails or calls. They took about $70 out of my account for something, but I have yet to receive my damn parts!

On another note, does anyone know where I can find parts for a Mugen MTX2?

thanks.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quicktech hobby problems

I haven't dealt with that company myself, but from what I hear that's not an uncommon occurrence. You may eventually get your parts, but it's going to take quite a while.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 AM
authorjim1

ORIGINAL: Kitsune

I haven't dealt with that company myself, but from what I hear that's not an uncommon occurrence. You may eventually get your parts, but it's going to take quite a while.

I lost money also. On the internet there are many things that say they are a scam.

I have written off my money and even cancelled my debit card, because someone said they had an un-authorized charge.

I have never been able to get in touch with them by calling or by email. Pretty sure it's a scam, or they went out of business.

Jim
Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 AM
pede_187

I ordered a part from them a while back and it was never sent. We tried calling several times and got no response so we called the credit card company and had the charge taken off. I would try and get the money back as soon as possible. The thing that shocks me (now that I"ve gone through it) is the commonly asked questions section on their website. One of them is

"I noticed on my order confirmation of shipping that you referred to Attempted Credit Card Fraud, Do you think I am a thief? No, this is a standard statement due to the increase in credit card fraud attempts. Since October of 2005 the credit card companies have been advertising, "You are protected, all charges will be removed". Credit Card fraud on the internet is a major problem for merchants - they are the ones who "eat" the loss, not the banks or the credit card companies. With this advertising some "honest" people have tried to "get something for nothing", this is still a crime and will be prosecuted We belong to a network of Merchants who work together to prevent fraud loss, along with the FBI and our local police department. We also inform other RC Industry suppliers of the attempt. Actual Credit Card Fraud is climbing due to the failure of the banks and credit card companies protecting your private information."

I'd be willing to bet they do that so that then you can't get your money back and the credit card company assumes you're trying to scam the hobbystore.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, ok. read the thread about them, gonna try and get my money back... then call the local police and maybe fbi.