Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

JR R1

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR R1

Does anyone own one of these? I know its a great looking radio and has many options but it must eat batteries like crazy.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR R1

Indeed I do have one of these, the R-1 Pro, many many options, ABS, Exponential, Dual Rates, Throttle curve, to name just a few. the surprising thing is that is does not go through batteries that bad, i have 700MhA sanyo's, and they will last up to or around 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour, not bad. I suggest this radio to those who want the absolute best radio, in my opinion, on the market, you can't beat the features, or the ease of use, yeah it looks very intimidating at first, but it took me about 2 days to figure out most of the stuff on the R-1, some i will never really use, e.g. ABS, i only have Monster Trucks. The screen size is nice, and not long and skinny, it is even on all sides, very easy to read. The manual is ok, it could be more descriptive, not that it isn't a novel already, but, some of the things kind of leave you in the dark, but playing around with the radio, you soon find out what things do, and is easily put back to default settings. Yeah the price is kinda hard to choke back, at about $400, but you are getting one of the best radios on the market. So good luck in your dicision in Radio buying.