Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Rx Question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx Question.

I appologize in advance if this question has already been covered. I currently have 3 R/C's, all running AM radio's and I'm getting tired of having all of those radios laying around and the additional battery expense. I would like to run them all off of my JR XR2i 27mhz AM radio(I know, I know. I should upgrade to FM due to the fact that AM is known for easy glitching. Since I can only bash right now with the occasional race, AM is fine with me.). I'm trying to do this as cheaply as possible(I'm on a limited budget), so I feel that upgrading to FM is not currently an option(unless I can find an awesome deal on an FM Tx with 3 Rx's), but I do plan on upgrading to a Futaba 3PK system in the hopefully near future. My 3 rc's are a Losi XXX-T with a JR r125 Rx, a Losi Mini-T with the Factory ESC/Rx pack, and an Associated RC10GT RTR+ with all factory gear. I changed the crystals in the Mini-T Rx to #1(Brown), which is also the freq. that my XXX-T is running(which is the truck that I run with the JR XR2i). When I do that, I'm able to drive the Mini-T with the JR, but glitches a little more. My only source for parts at the moment is the internet/mail order, and eBay seems like the best way to go for price. Are there any Rx's other than JR that would work with the XR2i? If not, what would be the next cheapest route to go to run all 3 off of one Tx? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:37 AM

Default RE: Rx Question.

IMO.........save your money for the FM set.......do with what you got for now and save,save,save

The FM sets are coming down in price and then you will get one RX with the new TX and have to buy 2 more for your other cars.

I use the Gemini II TX which has a 5 model memory and i have 4 cars ATM but only 3 RX's so i have to swap out one RX if i need to use the other car.......can be a PITA sometimes but worth it untill i can get another RX

Do your homework on what you want (pistol or stick) and a price ETC and then go for it.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably stick with my plan of keeping what I have and trying to upgrade to the Futaba 3PK Transmitter with digital servos and a synthesized tx module. I've already made a list of what I think I should get to upgrade to it, which also includes upgrading esc's and servos on all 3 trucks. The list is as follows(all prices are through Tower Hobbies):
[ul][*]Futaba 3PK PCM $319.99 [*]Futaba R113iP Rx (X's 3) $89.99 ea., $269.97 for all 3[*]Futaba 75mhz Crystal Set (X's 3) $14.99 ea., $44.97 for all 3[*]Futaba PK-FSM75 Synthesized Tx Module $79.99[*]Futaba S9650 Digital Mini Servo(Mini T) $59.99[*]Futaba S9451 Servo Digital High Speed/Torque (XXX-T, GT) $79.99 ea., $239.97 for 3(2 in the GT, 1 in the XXX-T)[*]Novak Spy Micro Reversible ESC $53.99 (Mini T)[*]Novak GTX Programmable ESC $154.99 (XXX-T)
[/ul]

Does that sound like a good radio/electrics set up to go with when I upgrade to the 3PK? If not, any suggestions for replacements for what's on the list? Thanks again.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:10 AM

Wow..........$1223.86.......nice list
Old 03-21-2005, 02:06 PM

It's incrible how expensive RC Radio gear is when you add it all up.

P.S: I am in roughly the same postition, and was wondering if there is compatibility problems between different companys tx and rx's? I didn't think that starting a new thread wass apropiate.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Cummins

It's incrible how expensive RC Radio gear is when you add it all up.

P.S: I am in roughly the same postition, and was wondering if there is compatibility problems between different companys tx and rx's? I didn't think that starting a new thread wass apropiate.
As far as the crystals go, there is. The oscillator circuits from the different radio Mfr's are tuned differently, thus the load cap (pF) in the crystals differ, though on the same frequency. Our 75MHz AM crystals (Performance Devices) work with Hitec, Futaba and JR, but none of the FM's will work with another radio. It's goofy!
Old 04-02-2005, 02:15 AM

Ok, thanks. It starts getting incredibly comlicated after awhile. I tkae it then that crystals are manufacturer and rx/tx arn't as long as they are on the samed frequency (like FM27mzh). Also, is there compatability problems between recievers and servos? I've heard that some Hitec ones don't work with Futaba.