Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

3PK acting up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3PK acting up!

I got the 3PK Synth. 75MHz and the Futaba R203HF 3-Channel FM 75MHz Rx. with a S9451 and S9550. I use the chrystal that Futaba recommended I use with this setup. When I full throttle it, or just before, the servos twitch and the car goes out of control. If the trigger is about bellow 3/4 throttle then the servos are fine. This happens when the engine revs up. If the engine is off then there is no problem. Please help. What may be the cause of this problem?
Old 03-26-2005, 04:05 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: 3PK acting up!

Hey Mr. D,

I flew Nitro Heli's for years and ANY loose bolts or Metal to metal shifting can glitch your radio.

Check and Loctiite all your bolts and then lock for any metal parts that may be rubbing other metal.

Best I can tell ya

Shotgun
Old 03-28-2005, 08:27 AM

Does it glitch if you hold the wheels off the ground and go full throttle?

It sure sounds like some metal to metal contact is hitting the right frequency to glitch your radio at high speed.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:23 PM

Thanks for the input guys... the only thing that I can think of, concerning metal to metal contact, is the brake-cam against the brake "caliper". My car is a R40, any ideas of what else it may be??

It glitches of the ground at high revs and while running at higher speeds.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:02 AM

If there's nothing obvious, then give your rx antenna a thorough inspection for nicks and cuts. Maybe it's disconnected inside (although the range would be terrible if that happened).

Might be time to give futaba a call. Maybe it needs service or a tune-up. If it's out of tune, maybe some metal-metal contact in or on the engine is causing a glitch where it normally wouldn't.

***edit***
Just thought of this... do you have a different rx crystal you can beg borrow or steal to try a different channel? May clear up the problem. Maybe a different rx to try?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:46 AM

May I suggest that a better crystal may solve your problem. It's worth a try. www.performancedevices.com is my company. You can learn alot about crystal quality at this site. Guys that are starting to fly with our 72MHz crystals are getting zero hits after switching to our brand. The same goes with our surface crystals.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:15 AM

Simple answer...

Buy a spektrum module and RX and never worry about radio glitching ever again...

The spektrum uses a frequency way above the noise produced by any loose bolts, dodgy clutch bearings etc so is immune...

Mine came from Pacific Coast Hobbies for the 3PK