Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Yeah, the XR3 and XR2 models were pretty lame feeling once you'd felt an XR3i or an XS3. But in their day, it was a good case design. The menu system was basic, but it covered most everything you needed to race.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:10 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

actually i felt it side by side with an XR2, and i really think the USED XR2 felt better.
what gives?
i seriously think all the old XR's i'd ever felt never felt that cheesy. i won't buy one until they come out with one based on the XR-i/XS cases
Old 07-03-2005, 08:58 PM
avery4jc
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: Speedmunkey
But, since you freely admit I'm right, you are now excused from further public humiliation.. =)
No hard feelings indeed, I just love arguing lol
lol, I see that you like to argue. Not to worry though no hard feelings from me either.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:32 PM
AndrewBomar

hey, at least my tq radio doesnt chirp.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:36 PM
SirAIGman
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: AndrewBomar

yeah, it just glitches and sends your car off..haha never to be seen again..
Old 07-03-2005, 10:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: AndrewBomar

it's better than Futaba's beep.
I need an XS3.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Nah, get a Z1.. If yer gonna go, go with style..
Old 07-03-2005, 10:47 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

the Z1 is nice, but if i'm gonna drop that kinda coin on a radio, it's gonna be a Nomadio Sensor.
*EDIT* BTW you get my last pm? i lost yer email addy somehow:|
Old 07-03-2005, 10:53 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

If we are arguing over radios, if I had the spare $$$, I'd get either a Futaba 7CAP on 75MHz or a 9CAP/9Z on 75MHz. Because they are both originally based on RC aircraft purposes, they have by far superior range...maybe 2-3 miles or more. When my 3PM gets low, I can get a whopping 100 feet before the failsafe takes over. Plus, I never really liked pistol grip radios and JR. Only reason I dislike JR is because I don't see many Futaba guys around here, and someone has to stick up for 'em! I have the 7CAP for the airplanes, and its serving me well, I have held a JR 9303 before, and I don't see what the "difference" is...the grip IMO is only slighty better to hold...plus, during RC, its mainly about the vehicle, not what the radio feels like, I would think.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:54 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

the way the radio feels is critical.
you dont wanna stand there for a 45 minute main with your hands feeling like they're gonna fall off, do you?
Old 07-03-2005, 11:02 PM
IBrakeForNobody

the way the radio feels is critical.
you dont wanna stand there for a 45 minute main with your hands feeling like they're gonna fall off, do you?
Thats why you get a 2 stick with a neckstrap.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:05 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

yeeeeahhh...
dude, if i wanted a 2 stick with a neckstrap, i'd call your mo...er, wait, not appropriate
seriously though, if you've ever driven an RC car for over an hour straight, let alone as long as i have at any given time, you'd understand how important it is.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:07 PM
IBrakeForNobody

seriously though, if you've ever driven an RC car for over an hour straight, let alone as long as i have at any given time, you'd understand how important it is.
Okay, you got me there. The longest I've ever driven a RC car was 10 mins...then something goes wrong and I have to stop and fix it. [&o]
Old 07-20-2005, 03:39 PM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

anyone know where i can get a spectrum for 184.99????
Old 07-21-2005, 12:18 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

If I did, I'd buy one, and swap all the electronics into my new (old) XR3 case
Old 07-21-2005, 10:59 PM
streak8838

speed munkey all radios are by law to accept interference from anything ex cordless phone, alarm systems, and etc. a cordless phone could interfere with this radio chances though are swlim to none since the spectrum runs off a guid system which reall makes it about a 4 million channel radio since it hops back and forth and different waves and frequencies it is the same thing used to direct missles and all so the chance will probably never happen but it can happen since the remote and reciever cannect 100 times every second but still room for interference