Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 12:01 AM
avery4jc
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Hmmm this thread is swervin' a little off course. Anyways just to throw this in I got to check out a DX3 system today at work (LHS) and it looks pretty nice. As all of you already know it's basically an XS3-Pro w/ the 2.4Ghz built in so that's cool, I just wish that it didn't look cheap. (Don't take that wrong either, I use a XS3-Pro for all of my vehicles and love it but it doesn't look as nice as some of the Futaba's and others) Just thought I'd throw my opinion in among the discussions.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:20 AM
JMan8108

Default RE: Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

i luv the look and feel of the XS3 Pro
Old 06-30-2005, 12:46 AM
avery4jc

Me too, I just don't like the seam that you see around the radio...obviously it's there on all radios we just can't see it on every other one because they all seem to be black. Wasn't basnin' the XS3 (like I said I have one) I was just making a point.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:40 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

The DX3 is not like the XS3 at all. They are using the case design for the old XR2 and XR3. Not the sleek "i" versions, which are the same as the XS3.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Revs

hmmm, i take it thats the only track near you then sm, or cant you make a special request to be put in with the nitro guys, okay it wont be fair but as long as they dont give you a final placing it will still be fair,

Regards

Tom
Old 06-30-2005, 03:38 PM
avery4jc

ORIGINAL: Speedmunkey

The DX3 is not like the XS3 at all. They are using the case design for the old XR2 and XR3. Not the sleek "i" versions, which are the same as the XS3.

That may be your opinion speed but as I said I've held one and to me the look and feel was very similar to that of my XS3-Pro. I said earlier that this was just my opinion and may not be what you think so don't take it as facts, just opinion.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:40 PM
45mph pede
Banned

3pk 4 life! (Untill they come out with a 4pk!)

the XS3 I had was awsome, but over priced.
-Wes
Old 07-01-2005, 02:37 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: avery4jc

That may be your opinion speed but as I said I've held one and to me the look and feel was very similar to that of my XS3-Pro. I said earlier that this was just my opinion and may not be what you think so don't take it as facts, just opinion.
the old square XR2 and XR3 feel just like the XR2i, XR3i, and XS3. the new ones just look different.
notice i didn't say better
Old 07-01-2005, 03:08 AM
avery4jc

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: avery4jc

the old square XR2 and XR3 feel just like the XR2i, XR3i, and XS3. the new ones just look different.
notice i didn't say better

Old 07-01-2005, 11:13 AM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

the DX3 does not look at all like the XS3-pro becase its a rebaged XR3 not XS3
Old 07-01-2005, 11:53 AM
avery4jc

ORIGINAL: losiracer753

the DX3 does not look at all like the XS3-pro becase its a rebaged XR3 not XS3
I'm starting to see the reason why people leave this part of the forums, you guys just won't let stuff go until you get your $.02 in. Grow up and drop it, if you and speed need to nit pick at every comment made you should realize that's what's keeping people away from here. NO you may not agree with what I said but it's my opinion, cosmetically YES it does look like JR's line of X(R/S) radios to me. Programming is a whole different story though, the DX3 stinks compared to the XS3 and XS3-Pro, although they are pretty cheap, my LHS is selling the DX3 for $200 to get rid of the 10 we have in stock. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 07-01-2005, 04:02 PM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

"the DX3 stinks in programing" because they are two different remotes the DX3 has the same amount of chanels as the XR3 thats because its a cheap spectrum radio system its the same thing as buying a XR3 and putting a spectrum system in it. its a good starter radio.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:10 PM
avery4jc

ORIGINAL: losiracer753

"the DX3 stinks in programing" because they are two different remotes the DX3 has the same amount of chanels as the XR3 thats because its a cheap spectrum radio system its the same thing as buying a XR3 and putting a spectrum system in it. its a good starter radio.
I'm with ya on that but why do you think that they would put together their own radio and not go all out? The number of backyard bashers that are going to be willing to spend any money at all on a rado to upgrade from the stock one is small and those that do will probably not care as much about 2.4Ghz, just a nice Futaba or entry level JR.....hmmm It seems like the market for this radio would be to racers who don't already have an M8 or something along those lines that they would just pop the module into so I thought they would have done programming at least as advanced as the XS3 (which isn't really all that advanced anyways).
Not a big deal, just seams like a wasted radio, kind of like an El Camino, it can't figure out whether or not it's a truck or a car, the radio can't figure out if it's for racers or bashers.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Here is the XR3

and here is the DX3..

Notice the input buttons on the right? The centered wheel? The power switch? It's the same design..

Now, here are the XS3 Pro...

and the XS3...

Notice the buttons on the left? The offset wheel?

Now, of these radios, which ones look alike?

Stating your opinion is fine, that's why we all come here... But when your $0.02 is based on incorrect information, I'm gonna correct you.. Consider yourself corrected..
Old 07-02-2005, 02:31 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

the question about the DX3 that's burning deep deep deep inside me is...
does it sound like a cricket when the batteries are low like the XR2 and XR3 do?
Old 07-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

oh I HATE that sound lol. I'm bad for leaving my radio on after the races and packing it up in my box. Middle of the night, the wife says "is that a cricket?" and I know what it is. Good thing I run NIMH AA's hehehe
Old 07-02-2005, 06:14 PM
scyan

I have an xr2 myself, but never heard the crickets ! hehe I guess i never went low enough !

Scy
Old 07-02-2005, 06:17 PM
45mph pede
Banned

I duno, to me a cricket sound is better than the 3pk's BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP *every single light flashing* BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

That gets annoying within like 2 seconds of it going. I wish I could re-do it so it just had some guys voice saying 'Hey wes your battery is low...' thaaat would be cool!
-Wes
Old 07-02-2005, 06:19 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

yea my 2pl does that.... man its annoyin[X(]
Old 07-03-2005, 01:41 AM
avery4jc

Notice the buttons on the left? The offset wheel?

Now, of these radios, which ones look alike?

Stating your opinion is fine, that's why we all come here... But when your $0.02 is based on incorrect information, I'm gonna correct you.. Consider yourself corrected..
I really don't have the time or energy to argue about anything with someone but I will say this, when I picked up the DX3 and gave it a whirl being that I have an XS3 that is automatically what came to my mind, so that's why I said that, it sure as heck doesn't look like a 3PK or M8, etc.
Thanks for stating the obvious and showing everyone because YES YOU are right about the rebadging but didn't think that you had so much time on your hands that you would nit pick it down to the button location and on/off switch location. No hard feelings, so I'll just drop it and head back over to the Large Scale Forums for a little while.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

It's pretty pathetic that you can't admit you are wrong. Anyone with HALF A BRAIN can look at the radios in question and realize within a couple seconds that the DX3 is based off the old XR2/3 cases... You seem offended that I'd take the THREE minutes required to destroy what you are saying.

what a doof..
Old 07-03-2005, 01:26 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

oh I HATE that sound lol. I'm bad for leaving my radio on after the races and packing it up in my box. Middle of the night, the wife says "is that a cricket?" and I know what it is. Good thing I run NIMH AA's hehehe
I ran standard AA's in my old XR. my 3pm has a much more annoying tone to it though.
I'm gonna have to check out this DX3 system, for no reason other than it would make people go [sm=confused.gif] when they say "durrr what color you on" when out bashin. dang n00b radios:P
Old 07-03-2005, 03:41 PM
avery4jc

It's pretty pathetic that you can't admit you are wrong. Anyone with HALF A BRAIN can look at the radios in question and realize within a couple seconds that the DX3 is based off the old XR2/3 cases... You seem offended that I'd take the THREE minutes required to destroy what you are saying.

what a doof..

No need for us to mess up this thread because it is cool for people to get info on a somewhat new system but I did say that you were right....in capital letters none the less but I guess you didn't read it all or something. Oh, Well not much I can do about that.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

"Thanks for stating the obvious and showing everyone because YES YOU are right about the rebadging but didn't think that you had so much time on your hands that you would nit pick it down to the button location and on/off switch location. "

Oh I saw what you said, but you make it out to some major investigation on my part to prove you wrong. It took me about 1 second to know I was right the first time I saw a DX3, and about 3 mintues to find pics to prove my point. What you don't realize about me is that, when I KNOW I'm right, you won't get off belittling my opinion about a subject without a fight. I'm too stubborn for that..

But, since you freely admit I'm right, you are now excused from further public humiliation.. =)

No hard feelings indeed, I just love arguing lol
Old 07-03-2005, 07:07 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I'm very disappointed in the way the DX3 feels btw.
it feels like a JR transmitter alright...
if it were manufactured by Traxxas on nickel beer night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.